A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Mar 18, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #108 of 137
I just updated the DAP today so I have not had a chance yet to look at Apple Music... but reading a few items it seems you have to set it up very specific to get it to work ... google it and there might be some help there... I just got MQA to work after messing with that for a couple hours... but it does work now... lots to setup in the USB Audio app...

Ive been searching. Something to do with Auth. No one I have seen has gotten it to work.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #109 of 137
In case you would like to read a bit more on the USB player Pro and how it works with the driver/mqa... they have not updated the Compatibility List ...https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver
Thanks for the link. I was under the impression people on this post have got it to work? I’ve contacted UAPP and got a quick reply. I was informed firmware 5.4.8 is about to be released (days apparently) and is especially for the Fiio M series DAPs. So hopefully good news for full compatibility.

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #110 of 137
I have an update of UAPP for my X7ii saying this (V 5.4.8)

WHAT'S NEW
* Added HiRes support for FiiO M11/M15, Hiby R5 and RealMe 5 PRO (RMX1971).
* The max sample rate playable in internal HiRes on the LG V/G series featuring a Quad DAC is actually 352800Hz instead of 384000Hz. Solved.
* Starting a Tidal MQA track and selecting a next track when streaming can be a little faster now on slower network connections.
* Solved a crash that could occur after detaching a USB DAC when streaming from slower network connections.

But it's not visible in the play store still :frowning2:

Any ideas anyone?

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #111 of 137
Thanks for the link. I was under the impression people on this post have got it to work? I’ve contacted UAPP and got a quick reply. I was informed firmware 5.4.8 is about to be released (days apparently) and is especially for the Fiio M series DAPs. So hopefully good news for full compatibility.
I wonder what they are going to be changing in 5.4.8 as I have 5.4.7 working about a good as I would think it should... here is the hi-fi forum for UAPP... the UAPP guy is over there for questions if needed.. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...usb-audio-support-for-android.704065/page-239

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #112 of 137
Back to Apple Music... I tried to get that app working last night... just couldn't get it going... I did read though its best to actually subscribe to Apple Music on a differnet device.. iphone/ipad/mac... or what ever and get your Apple Account setup first with an Apple product .. then log in thru an android device and that should work... I don't have an account and tried several times on the DAP and it just wouldn't let me... just sits there spinning awaiting connection... might try it latter after I fine tune the UAPP that needs more attention than I thought...

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #114 of 137
I have an update of UAPP for my X7ii saying this (V 5.4.8)

WHAT'S NEW
* Added HiRes support for FiiO M11/M15, Hiby R5 and RealMe 5 PRO (RMX1971).
* The max sample rate playable in internal HiRes on the LG V/G series featuring a Quad DAC is actually 352800Hz instead of 384000Hz. Solved.
* Starting a Tidal MQA track and selecting a next track when streaming can be a little faster now on slower network connections.
* Solved a crash that could occur after detaching a USB DAC when streaming from slower network connections.

But it's not visible in the play store still :frowning2:

Any ideas anyone?
The gentlemen I spoke to at eXtream Software said “the release will be a staged release. So guess he means we have to wait our (UK) turn. However really pleased as only installed UAPP a week ago so haven’t had to wait long. Fingers crossed

Mar 20, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #116 of 137
Uninstalled previous version of UAPP, installed latest firmware, downloaded latest UAPP from Google Play. Hi-res M11pro recognised, everything works as supposed. Thanks Fiio, please don't forget about full MQA unfolding, we all wait that.

Mar 21, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #118 of 137
Not sure if anyone has noticed this issue also, but I'm getting hissing in my FiiO FH7 with my M11 when playing through Roon. It is not happening with either FiiO Music app or UAPP.

When selecting play, a hiss appears and music starts. When pausing music the hiss is noticeable, and then disappears after about 10 seconds of no audio playing. I did not experience this issue with this same set up before updating the firmware to the most recent Beta version linked here.

On the plus side, UAPP is now recognizing the Hi-Res DAC in the M11, so Direct play is now possible.

Mar 23, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #119 of 137
Not sure if anyone has noticed this issue also, but I'm getting hissing in my FiiO FH7 with my M11 when playing through Roon. It is not happening with either FiiO Music app or UAPP.

When selecting play, a hiss appears and music starts. When pausing music the hiss is noticeable, and then disappears after about 10 seconds of no audio playing. I did not experience this issue with this same set up before updating the firmware to the most recent Beta version linked here.

On the plus side, UAPP is now recognizing the Hi-Res DAC in the M11, so Direct play is now possible.
This is "normal" with high sensitive Inear. Some DAP have hiss problems with high sensitive earphones! :frowning2:

Mar 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #120 of 137
I don't have roon so this answer may or may not help... some apps have their own volume control... if roon does then you should turn the roon volume control down and try to match the output volume of the Fiio music app or UAPP... hope this helps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back