A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Mar 15, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #91 of 137
Screenshot_20200314-113504.png

As we have received feedback from our users that the UAPP failed to be downloaded from Google Play, we tried to resolve it right away, and here comes the latest firmware.

You can download from the below links:
M11: fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-20200314.zip
M11Pro:fiio-file.fiio.net/M11Pro-ota-20200314.zip
M15:fiio-file.fiio.net/M15-ota-20200314.zip

How to update the firmware: Download the firmware file then copy the firmware package file to the micro SD card; Open "Technical Support" app on the player, enter the "Firmware Update" menu, and select the firmware package file to upgrade.

It contains the following features:
1. Added Google Play framework, and you can successfully download UAPP in Play Store now (If you do not need it, you can unistall it in Settings->Apps ->Google Play services.)
2. Added grouping tracks by Album Artist category, you can go to FiiO Music Settings->Artist list Display to select what you like. (Note this upgrade requires a database update, please wait patiently for it to complete)
3. Added a new feature of scrolling displaying the currently played track while in a playlist;
4. Added FiiO Music widget, long press the homepage to pop up widget lists, and then choose FiiO Music to put it on the homepage.
5. Added a new feature of prompting to select whether to erase the internal storage when performing a factory reset;
6. Added a new feature of automatically pausing the playback after playing for 2 minutes without any headphones plugged, so as to avoid triggering playback by mistakes.
7. Improved the sorting by Artist (now the articles 'the, a, an' at the beginning of the names will be ignored);
8. Fixed the issue where the Gapless playback would not work when playing DSD tracks;
9. Fixed the issue where there might be noise when playing in Tidal with All to DSD set to ON;
10. Fixed the issue where the WiFi connection might drop when the screen is locked;
11. Added displaying volume level numbers, you can turn on it in Settings->Display->Volume display (Only for M15).

Notice: this version is still under beta testing phase. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us at support@fiio.com. The official version is expected to be released at the end of March. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am able to install usb audio player pro, but play MQA files for about two minutes and then stop by myself. Have to click play again.

Kind regards,

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #92 of 137
Works solid except now I have two FiiO Music app icons. Only one launches, while the other doesn't. Cannot uninstall it, either.

Mar 16, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #94 of 137
Mar 16, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #95 of 137
Works solid except now I have two FiiO Music app icons. Only one launches, while the other doesn't. Cannot uninstall it, either.
Hello,

Please go to system settings-apps-FiiO Music-disable to reset that app. Then enable it again for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 16, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #99 of 137
Hello,

Please go to system settings-apps-FiiO Music-disable to reset that app. Then enable it again for check?

Best regards

Yes, this resolved the issue. Thank you!

Mar 18, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #102 of 137
Hi, I’m new here and need some help with an issue I am having with my Fiio M11 Pro. I have updated the firmware to the latest (M11Pro:fiio-file.fiio.net/M11Pro-ota-20200314.zip) from the original stock firmware. All went well and I now have the Play store so installed USB player Pro and went to configure the players settings so I select the internal audio drivers (high-Res) then when I return to the main UI I get a Warning message saying; You have changed the internal audio drivers to manual, however your device does not have a known configuration for HiRes audio path” it’s plays mp3 fine stating its in direct but Flac, DSD info is same as mp3 and is all over the place.

Could someone explain why this is the case and how to fix it please.

thanks

Mar 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #105 of 137
I just updated the DAP today so I have not had a chance yet to look at Apple Music... but reading a few items it seems you have to set it up very specific to get it to work ... google it and there might be some help there... I just got MQA to work after messing with that for a couple hours... but it does work now... lots to setup in the USB Audio app...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back