A Day in the Trenches.
Mar 21, 2006 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
So I’m at work diligently avoiding doing anything constructive. It’s Monday Morning and I’ve got 2 hours of ignorant bliss under my belt. An “Engineer” comes over and disturbs my state of bliss. Her computer won’t turn on. The buttons stuck in. She says it usually pops out in a few minutes but she’s been waiting an hour and it’s still stuck in. She never turns the PC off cause the button gets stuck but usually pops out in a few minutes.

Pressures on. I wouldn’t want to look ignorant. So to establish my protected status as an idiot savant I tap the PC next to the button. Motion, shear genius at work. 3..4..5…more taps and the innie became an outie. And then there was light………………..

Time for lunch

Mitch

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 13
confused.gif
Uhhhh........congratulations?

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
So I’m at work diligently avoiding doing anything constructive. It’s Monday Morning and I’ve got 2 hours of ignorant bliss under my belt. An “Engineer” comes over and disturbs my state of bliss. Her computer won’t turn on. The buttons stuck in. She says it usually pops out in a few minutes but she’s been waiting an hour and it’s still stuck in. She never turns the PC off cause the button gets stuck but usually pops out in a few minutes.

Pressures on. I wouldn’t want to look ignorant. So to establish my protected status as an idiot savant I tap the PC next to the button. Motion, shear genius at work. 3..4..5…more taps and the innie became an outie. And then there was light………………..

Time for lunch

Mitch

One of the singlemost funny posts I have read in a long time.
icon10.gif

Nicely done Mitch.

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 13
glad you were able to finger her button and make it pop out. waaait....

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

See they don’t know what I don’t know. They don’t know enough to know that they don’t know what they don’t know.

Mitch

Damn, you just cancelled out your good post.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Time for lunch

Mitch

This is me in ten years.

According everything goes to plan.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Time for lunch

Mitch

LOL! I almost sprayed beer on my keyboard
icon10.gif

(I work with Engineers, too. I know how some of them can be.)
rolleyes.gif

Cheers!

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Those responsible for this post have been sacked.

those responsible for sacking
the people who have just been sacked,
have been sacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back