A couple of Klipsch Image X10's questions
Aug 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

elnero

Headphoneus Supremus
Curiosity killed the cat! I've been debating trying the Klipsch Image X10's for awhile now but cost has been prohibitive, with the sale Soundearphones has on now though the idea is more feasible and tempting.

One thing that I'd like to clarify before I even think about ordering I don't think I've found a straight answer on though is whether 3rd party tips like the Shure black olives foamies will fit? I've had sensitivity issues with silicon tips in the past so I'd like to make sure another solution will work in case the supplied ear gels don't fit right or bother my ears.

I've read ASR comparison to the Triple.fi's as well as other comparisons in various threads but I'm not sure if I've read much in the way of comments regarding how they compare to the SA6's. Has anyone tried both?

Actually, pretty much any comments in regards to the X10 and how they compare to the likes of Shure E500/530's, Sleek SA6's and the triple.fi's (especially the triple.fi's with comply tips as this is what I tried them with which made assessing my impressions compared to someone like ASR who used UE's stock tips rather difficult).

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 9
I can't tell you if the black olives fit, because once I tried Klipsch's stock tips, I didn't even try. The stock tips are the best I have tried.

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 9
I know there are a few people out there who must have tried other tips on the X10's...

Aug 2, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 9
The nozzle of X10 is very strange because it is very short (roughly 1/2 of Shure). You probably can use any eartips that can be fitted on Shure (but not E2c), but it won't be as secure. The good news is, there is really no need to use any other eartips beside stock as X10 comes with one of the best silicone eartips I even tried.

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 9
The only tips that I know of that will fit there are the Sleeks one and they are a lot more uncomfortable than the Klipsch's ones...

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 9
It's not really a matter of comfort, although that's important, but my main concern is I've had an almost allergic reaction to some of the silicone tips lately so I was hoping others might fit just in case.

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not really a matter of comfort, although that's important, but my main concern is I've had an almost allergic reaction to some of the silicone tips lately so I was hoping others might fit just in case.

I do not think they will fit, but trying the stock first would be my first step...later on, if they do not suit your need, well be creative...The Etys will also fit IIRC...

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 9
For what it's worth, I heard the SA6 for 10-15 minutes at CanJam '08 on my iAudio X5 DAP. I was curious.
wink.gif

With the default tips I found its sound better balanced out than the X10. Less bass bloom, lighter mid-range, and marginally more treble. The frequency response was balanced enough that I asked the Sleek Audio rep how to get more treble because that tends to be my preference on that type of sonic signature, and he installed one of those treble++ tips, which did help a bit.

In relation to the SA6, the X10 has a heavier mid-range and more bass oomph.

I also heard the SE530 at CanJam '08 but spent only about 5 minutes with it. It was fine I guess but it didn't grab me.

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 9
I own/owned Etys, Tripple-Fi, and a couple of others.......the Klipsch Images worked soo well for me in terms of fit - I haven't felt the need to try anything other than their stock double-flange tips. Etys - I use Comply..... and use Shure Softflex on depodded iM716.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back