A comparison of all my IEMs NOW WITH REVIEW:-)! W3, Sennheiser IE8, UE10 pro, SE530, ER4P, Triple Fi, Sensaphonics 2XS etc.
Jan 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #16 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or people willing to help you ship them to canada from australia... hint hint wink wink, say no more

It all just comes down to $$$
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #17 of 195
Jan 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 195
Sorry just a few more days......still burnin in the IE8.......haven't had enough time with W3 or IE8 to make a fair ranking against the other IEMs I know so well....I don't want to suggest the W3 or IE8 are THE best simply on the premise that they're my "new toy"......so just a few more days :)

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 195
haha but you just hinted that they will be the best. so you may have already made your mind up, you just wanna be able to say it without people saying its because they are new yes?? lol

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #21 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha but you just hinted that they will be the best. so you may have already made your mind up, you just wanna be able to say it without people saying its because they are new yes?? lol

No not at all.....I think when you buy a brand new headphone one very often has a different impression of it right off the back than they do a few weeks later. Sometimes you grow into it, but more often you praise them because they're new.

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No not at all.....I think when you buy a brand new headphone one very often has a different impression of it right off the back than they do a few weeks later. Sometimes you grow into it, but more often you praise them because they're new.

good answer
darthsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #25 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the westone 3s still make poor recordings sound better than they would on, say, CX500s?

Westone 3s are a great all round monitor, maybe the best I've heard....I'm still not sure. I have never heard the CX500s so I can't tell you the answer to your exact question, but I will tell you the Shure SE530s are certainly more forgiving than the Westone3s meaning that they don't bring out quite as much of the inadequacies of poor recording techniques and low quality mp3s. I am still convinced that for Rock and Jazz music there may still be no finer IEM than the SE530. However, my opinion may be very different from others in this category because I don't fancy the upfront grado sound for my rock, I think the top sennheiser HD650/600 are amongst the most enjoyable rock headphones.

I am going to work on my write up tonight and it should be there by the end of the week.

-Dave

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #27 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for rock you may wanna try out tf10's before you declare 530's all time best
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Triple Fis and I prefer the SE530 more for rock.......

The IEMS I have
are listed in my opening to the thread. But I do have the Triple Fis and the UE10s (which sound like a better version of the triple fi) and I think the SE530 are just more enjoyable for rock. I'll explain why in my write up

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 195
This will be very interesting indeed....
Take as much time as you want, but try to give us a thorough comparison
tongue.gif

Can u please compare specifically, the bass quality+quantity of IE8's vs SE530's?
I've read at Cnet UK that IE8's have a lot more bass than SE530's.. (maybe their IE8's weren't fully burned in..)
Cheers

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #30 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree hockey, i prefered triple fi 10 for rock for sure. but then we all want different things for rock and metal dont we.

yep I remember my shure's had some superb bass but they were very very laid back and I don't know I just preferred the tf10's but if shure can do something to intrigue me on december 6th we will see
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back