A cheaper alternative to the Xears Xe200pro
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

-sandro-

100+ Head-Fier
My XE200pro just broke, the warranty is basically non-existent and I "can't" afford to buy another one.

Even though months ago I would have never thought to say this: I got used to its sound signature and I want to continue to listen to my music that way. It's not fatiguing in any way, mid and "bass" centric (but no way bass monster which I really don't like) so very warm, good soundstage, very relaxing, smooth and easy going. Energetic while giving a very good detail and microdetails. They will sound veiled to other IEMs but in way they're not cause even with its very particular dark SS, it retains quality.

I don't like V-shaped, mid-recessed, bass centric sounds. So it's either (literally) balanced or mid-centric + warm SS.

Do you know something similar that costs less? I'm looking for <=$40 shipped.

Oh and one more thing, it must be very comfortable to sleep with :) So no bullet style nozzles!

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think you'll be able to get all your requirements.  I'm not sure how the SoundMagic IEMs sound, but you may want to look into them.  The MEE A151 may be able to be found for under 40, but it's rare.  That's all I can really think of that won't have a V-shape (I'm not sure if the SoundMagic IEM will have a v-shape).  

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 4
you should check out the Brainwavz M1. I got them for about $35 from mp4nation but right now they are $45. They are often on sale so you could wait for that. 

cant compare them with the xears because i never heard them but they are nice balanced. The only thing i don't like about them is the cable. And you can sleep with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back