A change for Currawong
Dec 9, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #17 of 21
Well, now that I saw this thread, I'll just reiterate again that I'm glad to have known you over the years!

You've done much more than anyone gives you credit for.

Best of luck with your future endeavors, and keep posting your amazing reviews!

darthsmile.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #18 of 21
I'm actually subscribed to Currawong's utube channel.

When I watch his videos it feels like I'm receiving a lesson from a school teacher in some of them. The way he explains things and speaks during the video. A few of them have stood out that way to me, makes me giggle a bit.

Not sure if anyones's told him that. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #19 of 21
Being the dutiful, law abiding kind of citizen that I am, I never really encountered you @Currawong in your capacity as moderator!
However, I've come to know you as a constant contributor of invaluable information, explaining things in a way that makes it clear to the, ahem, layman
biggrin.gif

Indeed, I only came across this article by noticing a link to it in your signature, whilst reading an enormously helpful explanation on CKK and OTG cables that you wrote! <---- Case in point.
So for me, this is less of a goodbye, but a "thanks immensely, and looking forward to more of the same"
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 21
Bless ye Currawong. I've had a couple of warnings and bans off you :) But they was always fair!!  

Good luck with the reviews etc. I'm gonna miss having you flying above watching.. It felt safe :frowning2:  

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 21
Amos, you have guided me in making very good gear purchases.  I don't trust many people's opinions, but I feel your assessments are honest and trustworthy.

You certainly don't deserve the negativity thrown at you by people who have no idea how to manage a complex operation.  You joined the moderating team at a time when the market exploded and Head-Fi was in uncharted territory.  One can only do ones best in uncertain, uncharted waters, and I feel you act in the best interest of the hobby.  You do so because you love this hobby and wish for only the best.  In this regard I feel you have done an excellent job in positioning this place to face an even more uncertain future.

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

You deserve this well earned rest and I look forward to following your journey in this hobby.

Cheers,

Sam. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back