A CD For Each Month [Suggestion Thread]
Jan 31, 2015 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

purpledrank

Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi. I've decided for the new year that I will be buying a CD at the end of each month. For January I purchased Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins. February I will most likely buy The Wall by Pink Floyd and March will be 3030 by Deltron. I don't know what else to buy though. I have a pretty broad music taste but I am not into Jazz or similar genres.

CDs that I do own include FIDLAR by Fidlar, Prhyme by Prhyme, Hell Can Wait by Vince Staples, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, Ride the Lightning by Metallica, ...And Justice For All by Metallica, License to Ill by Beastie Boys, In Utero by Nirvana and Time to Pretend EP by MGMT. Digitally I own over 1700 songs.

What are some albums that I should consider for my CD collection? 

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
Supertramp - Breakfast in America
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Raising Hell - Run DMC
Bleach - Nirvana

All great albums (I'll admit I don't own Raising Hell yet), with a bunch of great songs on each.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 6
I keep trying to get into Tool because it totally fits my genre but something doenst click. Ill try again otherwise all of these suggestions look good. Is "its tricky" on the mentioned Run DMC album?

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 6
I keep trying to get into Tool because it totally fits my genre but something doenst click. Ill try again otherwise all of these suggestions look good. Is "its tricky" on the mentioned Run DMC album?

Yup, along with "My Adidas," "Walk This Way," and "You Be Illin'." Awesome songs in my opinion.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 6

I was the exact same way with Tool, tried them several times and then suddenly they clicked with Lateralus.

I'll throw out another one. Recently picked up Kings X self titled from the bargain bin. Really liking it. They're another band that I've never been able to get into until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back