Member of the Trade
this amp is from a hk diyer,which is a kit built for diyers
juz small enough to be put in a candy box~

k701smile.gif

looks pretty neat isn't it?
the opamp is changeble

beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 16
Very nice and rather complex DIY design for such a small footprint.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 16
very cool indeed!!, where can I get the kit?? I would love to build a couple of these up as presents. the picture wont blow up and I have a high rez screen, so cant read anything, but since it appears to be USB chargeable, that special thing could be low voltage like 3.7v?? it looks like an ipod battery. or is it high and using a DC to DC converter to charge with USB to a higher voltage?

its small, but he could make it a lot smaller by using SMD parts for everything looks to be well thought out and should beat out a mint tin cmoy fairly easily with a good opamp. come-on spoil the surprise, what is the supply voltage? this matters a great deal to what opamps are useable. making it all SMD would make it much less accessible to a wide audience as many people are afraid of soldering SMD; I actually prefer it, I can build smd designs much faster than through-hole 

the problem I see if its not a common type lion battery, is shipping could be very expensive and there are only a few services that will ship lithium based batteries.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 16
Where it at?

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 16
yes, well I will be interested in seeing how much shipping outside asia is, because lion is the most dangerous of the lot and carriers charge accordingly. although I do have to say its cheaper from asia n services like DHL and EMS. ahh OK I thought it might be a DC to DC boost convertor, but had it before the battery after the USB to up the charge voltage from usb. I would guess the amperage suffers though. but hey I dont care, please tell me where they are and i'll buy a couple :wink:I saw the trnsformer there, but figured it was to do with isolating the USB input so you could use it while charging nicely. where can I see the schematic full size?? I actually couldnt see the transformer there in the bottom left last night at 3am.

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
yes, well I will be interested in seeing how much shipping outside asia is, because lion is the most dangerous of the lot and carriers charge accordingly. although I do have to say its cheaper from asia n services like DHL and EMS. ahh OK I thought it might be a DC to DC boost convertor, but had it before the battery after the USB to up the charge voltage from usb. I would guess the amperage suffers though. but hey I dont care, please tell me where they are and i'll buy a couple :wink:I saw the trnsformer there, but figured it was to do with isolating the USB input so you could use it while charging nicely. where can I see the schematic full size?? I actually couldnt see the transformer there in the bottom left last night at 3am.

I think this amp is not for sale yet(imean to other countries),I'll help u ask the producer and see if he's willing to ship it or not.....

actually those pics are from the producer,let me see if they would like to upload a clearer image
normal_smile .gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 16
popcorn.gif

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
I think this amp is not for sale yet(imean to other countries),I'll help u ask the producer and see if he's willing to ship it or not.....

actually those pics are from the producer,let me see if they would like to upload a clearer image
normal_smile%20.gif

can you provide a link or contact for local sale? I have plenty of customers in your part of the world and perhaps I could ask one of them to get me one. but of course that would be great if you could ask if he will sell me a couple directly. he may be hesitant to sell internationally because of the support/language issue and the battery shipping thing I mentioned

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
can you provide a link or contact for local sale? I have plenty of customers in your part of the world and perhaps I could ask one of them to get me one. but of course that would be great if you could ask if he will sell me a couple directly. he may be hesitant to sell internationally because of the support/language issue and the battery shipping thing I mentioned

u're right,the battery issue is juz like the situation of mini3(international ver. without battery and charger),but for the support part,there'll be some amazing news later
biggrin.gif

i'll give you the link as soon as possible (actually i'm a friend of the producer so i can get this little thing first)
the producer told me tat there's still something to correct&test and so the day to announce it as a finished product will be pushed a little bit backwards till mid Aug.(i guess only~the release date is still unsure)~

btw,I think he intends to sell it overseas,so maybe there will be a link (maybe ebay)later,

p.s.there's another product from the same designer,you may take a look too~http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/498845/a-mini-tube-amplifier-from-hong-kong

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 16
no problem, yeah the shipping guidelines with lithium batteries have caused all sorts of issues. glad hes(maybe) open to international sales. I can wait, its not for me anyway, but rather a present, but with something this size it could be implemented dual mono for balanced :wink: nah tubes dont really do it for me i'm afraid, SS FTW :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back