A big thank you to you all!
Aug 24, 2002 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Astroinvader

New Head-Fier
Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate this forum!
I came here a couple of months ago to research my new headphone purchase. I needed a new set to have at home since my SR-80 is at work all the time.

The forum have been a lot of fun and I have learned a lot.
I will not go into all the hardware here, but it should be mentioned that I now own a set of HD600, Ety 4P, D-25S and have an MG Head on the way...

Well, what I wanted to tell you mostly was that this music area of the forum have been a great inspiration to me.
I worked in the best record shop in Sweden between '91-'96:
www.skivhugget.se , so I do know a great deal about music and various artists, I didn't think I missed any... But since then I have not listened that much to music, at least not seriously. I have made good MP3's of most of my 700+ cd's, but even so, I have been away from constantly-buying-records-every-month for the last five years or so. Most of that money went into my 400+ DVD collection and home cinema setup...

Then I came here, and during the last month I have downloaded at least 10-15GB of new music and have found a lot of new favorites because of you guys.

Yesterday I bought a few cd's and will try to get most of the newfound favs!

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 7
good to hear! The music forum is great
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2002 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Agreed, the Music Forum is a wonderful resource. I make an effort to hear samples of as many artists mentioned here as I can, though I've still got alot to go. Some weren't my cup of tea, some I liked, some I just couldn't stand... but some of them moved me, stirred the passion that made me a music-lover in the first place... and for finding those, I am truly grateful.

Aug 28, 2002 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 7
I agree as well. I have purchased many albums that were recommended here, pretty much sight unseen (or is that unheard?). Like others posters, I have yet to be dissappointed.

You have expanded my mind as well as my ears, and I am grateful. A belated thank you from me too, y'all.
cool.gif

Aug 28, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 7
I'll add my thanks. I've been using my BMG membership and my 10% discount at Tower a lot these last few months. Mostly I've stocked up on stuff I already knew I liked, but I've also bought music like The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions that I was formerly oblivious to. A couple seconds ago I used my BMG music points to pick up the Zeppelin Box Set II and The Who's Quadrophenia.

I'm about to send in a request for a couple of the Stones' new hybrid remasters for the upcoming birthday, and last night I was going through the old fusion jazz thread looking for some stuff to pick up for myself.

One of these days I'll contribute some suggestions for the more obscure stuff; until then, keep it up, everyone!

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back