Aëdle ODS-1 In-Ear
Oct 25, 2016 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

plakat

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone heard of the ODS-1?
The preorder just went online... http://aedle.net/en/preorder/ods-1/classic

Available in three design variants, using one dynamic and 1 BA driver, excellent design but unfortunately MMCX connectors (which I really came to dislike due to their mechanical instability). Still I could not resist and preordered one (Eclipse design variation -- all black is my color :wink:

Classic:

Legacy:

Eclipse:

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 57
I've placed my preorder for the Eclipse order, the sound signature is promised to be on the warm side with attention to musicality yet no midbass bloat. 

The balance armature used is to merely improve the 8-10 khz. 

I now have enough hybrid IEM to write a detailed review: K3003, Ultrasone IQ, PSB M4u4, radius TWF41 and ODS-1. 

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 57
Hi everyone,

This is Baptiste Sancho, founder and CEO of aedle.

I am available to answer any of your questions regarding our new ODS-1.

Don't hesitate to ask, I ll try to reply as soon as possible with the most relevant answer to your questions.

Best,

Baptiste

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 57
I've placed my preorder for the Eclipse order, the sound signature is promised to be on the warm side with attention to musicality yet no midbass bloat. 

The balance armature used is to merely improve the 8-10 khz. 

I now have enough hybrid IEM to write a detailed review: K3003, Ultrasone IQ, PSB M4u4, radius TWF41 and ODS-1. 

'No midbass bloat' sounds promising... can't stand overemphasized midbass.

I think the BAs within the K3003 also cover a rather limited range btw. Most pure BA-based in-ears did not fit my taste in bass very well so far, so I've always had an eye on hybrids. Will be interesting to read your comparisons.

Hi everyone,

This is Baptiste Sancho, founder and CEO of aedle.

I am available to answer any of your questions regarding our new ODS-1.

Don't hesitate to ask, I ll try to reply as soon as possible with the most relevant answer to your questions.

Best,

Baptiste

Welcome, Baptiste!
Congratulations, the photos look really good and very much in line with the design of the VK-1.

Is there memory wire in the ear hooks or are they elastic?

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #8 of 57
Hi there,

The ear hooks use metal wire with memory shape. The angle of the hook is quite important in order to provide holding function for most of the ears out there.
The leather adds a nice soft touch to the whole. Since the MMCX is not locked into its female socket in a particular angle, there is more flexibility to adjust the leather hook over the ear.

I hope this answer fits your needs,

Best,

Baptiste

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #9 of 57
They look wonderful, just as you would expect from Aedle

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 57
  Hi there,

The ear hooks use metal wire with memory shape. The angle of the hook is quite important in order to provide holding function for most of the ears out there.
The leather adds a nice soft touch to the whole. Since the MMCX is not locked into its female socket in a particular angle, there is more flexibility to adjust the leather hook over the ear.

I hope this answer fits your needs,

Best,

Baptiste

Thank you, that gives me enough of an impression. The leather sheeting is a really nice touch designwise and I think it might actually be quite comfortable. I hope the MMCX connector won't prove as troublesome as with some other in-ears (T8iE coming to my mind).

Looking forward to trying them out.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 57
Just got this email:

Dear audionewbi,

On behalf of all aëdle Team, thank you for preordering your new pair of ODS-1. The production and shipping of the first batch of the ODS-1 is due by 15th November 2016. Since you have participated to the pre-order, you will receive it by then before everyone else alongside your gift:
a black leather pouch “ORIGAMI”.

Goods times for me ahead, good times!

It appears the eclipse was probably their most preorder model. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 57
Is anyone who are getting these able to compare them to Ultimate Ears Triple.fi Pro 10?

Because they sure look sexy, but seem a tad small, so I wonder if they can back up the design with sound, as I fear most of the price tag went into the leather and aluminium, rather than audio elements...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back