9v battery holder
Jul 22, 2002 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fenster

100+ Head-Fier
I am building an outboard battery power supply for my portable amp (porta corda), and I can't seem to find a 2 X 9-volt battery holder for purchase anywhere online. The thing is, I would like it built for series connection (for a constant 18v power source). Any tips for sites that carry this sort of thing?

Thanks

Jul 22, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 8
If you haven't already, try:

Digikey Electronics, Newark Electronics, Mouser Electronics

I have never seen dual 9v holders. Sometimes, if you go search out of the way electronic stores (not the Shack), you can find some aluminum 9v holders with snaps and solder terminals. I found some at a small store that specializes in surplus parts.

Jul 22, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 8
JMT is right, and I also think Digikey sells PCB-mount 9V connectors. Something like that is used in Airhead I think? You could make a small PCB (or not even a PCB) and mount two pairs of those to create a dual 9V package. Too much work though.

Jul 22, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Hi andrzejpw
Quote:

so that's 18V, right?

That is correct. 18v into a meta (cha47, cmoy) with the virtual ground, etc. will give you +-9v. I used it in my jmt/cha47 with ad8610's.

Jul 22, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi Fenster,

After looking at my dual 9v holders from mouser, I think you can modify them in a series config. You'll need to snip the metal strip and rewire for series. BTW, this dual 9v holder's top is exposed, so you may need to insulate.

Jul 22, 2002 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for all the help everybody, I hadn't heard of any of those parts retailers before. I think I'll go for the dual holder from mouser and reconfigure myself as puppyslugg recommended.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back