9th Vienna Meet: 27th of February 2016
Oct 29, 2015 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 133

ampair

100+ Head-Fier
Welcome to the Vienna Meet, the only place where blueberries and habanero chilis coexist in perfect harmony
biggrin.gif

Update: date and place are set!

The 9th Vienna Head-Fi Meet will take place on Saturday, the 27th of February 2016 at the TU Vienna!

Start: 13:00
End: Whenever we like, preferably still on the 27th
Address: New Electrical Engineering Institute, Gusshausstraße 27-29, 1040 Vienna
Room: Kontaktraum (main entrance, elevator to 6th floor)
Entrance Fee: NONE! However, bringing some spirits is highly anticipated :wink:

Since it is a Saturday the short-term parking zone in the district is not enforced. Please don't park at the TU parking space, it's reserved for the people who work there. Yes, even on weekends.

I also opened the Austria Head-Fi Lounge to discuss and collect everything related to our little community. be sure to subscribe there and you will be notified of any upcoming events.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 133
Nov 15, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 133
Hello to you all!

I am new in this forum and really enjoyed the last meeting. A meeting in February would be great, but I would prefer not to meet in the first week, because of school holidays.

I am really looking forward to meet you all at the next session!

Regards!

Martin

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 133
I just stumbled over this thread since the notifications really don't seem to work.

Basically I just wanted to say that this time I'm definitely going to make it. All dates should be fine with me, but the chance of me having new gear will be higher in February...

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 133
Hi, 

I'm very looking forward to this next meet! For me it wouldn't matter if it'll be in january or february. So all dates would work fine, at least for now :wink:
I would also be very pleased if someone could bring a Shiit Mjolnir to the meet. If anyone owns one of course :wink:

Until then, have a pleasant time!

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 133
@audienz  this is where we meet, follow the page for the dates please. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #13 of 133
Ok.. its 1 at the night and i am listening to St Germain with my trusted HD650s a LD mk III and the DX90.

all i can think about is the next meet, try out some new gear and upgraaaaaaddddddeeeeeeee especially that little MOJO is what i have my eyes on

Well all sounds great. BUT
yes BUT

the problem is in the meet its impossible to really listen to the fine details which actually sets apart all the great gear we get there, in the room all i can hear is a 20-40 % of the details and SQ.

The details i hear in my close to no noise room really lets me map the accuracy and the sonic capabilities of my setup and that is the reference for me to test new gear.

Well I would really want us to come to a proposal so that the listening experience is near perfect and we could actually hear each rig in a (near perfect) environment.

Is it possible to have a second small closed/isolated room just to go and hear the gear and then the main room being used to discuss and everything else.

I don't know if everyone agrees with me on the issue but i really feel its a let down that we can't really appreciate the equipment we have in that room at that moment.

Any other recommendations are welcome, 

Cheers,, time to change the song

GOOD NIGHT

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 133
  Is it possible to have a second small closed/isolated room just to go and hear the gear and then the main room being used to discuss and everything else.

We'll see what we can do, but constantly moving equipment around is no option in my opinion, putting all equipment in another room won't work as well... I have to admit I don't see any possibility to offer all for everyone in silence without cutting down on the social aspect of these events, which, at least to me, are the most important part... If there's anything of deeper interest I think its in most cases possible to arrange for a private meeting to check something out in depth.

I see the problem, especially for open headphones, but I don't see an easy solution... a second room won't do.

I would be interested to join as well in February. I guess there should be some nice hotels in Vienna
smily_headphones1.gif

Would be very welcome of course -- looking forward to see you in Vienna!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back