$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 25, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #6,076 of 6,549
Cool! How did you pay for it?
How? With PayPal - hehe, but I guess you meant how much? :wink: With shipping about 270 Euros. That’s totally ok. But who knows, maybe they only worked for about 10 minutes on the device ahahaha. Well, I don’t care as long as it sounds „better“. Which will be difficult. I think it won’t sound better but different. And that’s fine by me. I will report back as soon as I have compared them!

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #6,077 of 6,549
Yes, "Tippfehler" corrected.

EUR 270.- is more than acceptable. Tempting. I am now even more torn apart ahahahah

Calyx M and Dethonray HA-2 already being a totl portable combo, the Romi might add some extra clarity and power to the player. With the HA-2, well, idk.

I am looking forward to reading your thoughts, with and without HA-2

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #6,080 of 6,549
Hey guys...best file format for Calyx M...FAT32 or exFAT? Opinions, advantages...disadvantages. Can't seem to find it written anywhere...thanks.
Afaik Calyx M can read both format, can't he?

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #6,083 of 6,549
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #6,084 of 6,549
Always been intrigued by the Calyx M. How does it compete with something like the Lotoo PAW6k?
P6K seems to be slightly brighter/reference sounding. I would compare the P6K to the DTR1, P6K having PEQ and modern UI, DTR1 being powerful, clear and hardcore UI. Both sport a good LO.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #6,085 of 6,549
Modding through Romi Audio sees the Calyx M getting the follwing mods (according to Dino from Romi):

"Boost up on digital signal input
And upgrade Capacitor on Analog output circuit
Also Shielding inside
Output is more powerful and clear
Keep warm and resolution up"

Does the mod improve the battery life too?

Jul 25, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #6,086 of 6,549
Jul 25, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #6,088 of 6,549
software
Always been intrigued by the Calyx M. How does it compete with something like the Lotoo PAW6k?
I own the Calyx M, Lotoo Paw Gold and Lotoo PAW Gold Touch. The Calyx M has an organic sound that is easy to like, even if it is not quite as 'reference' as the Lotoo offerings. However, the Calyx M is a dog on the OS side, as the processor simply cannot keep up with the software. There is also no Folder browser. I came to view it as pretty much unusable for daily use. Glitch, freeze, glitch...

Nonetheless, I have little argument with the SQ... A bit on the thick side but oh so sweet.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #6,089 of 6,549
I own the Calyx M, Lotoo Paw Gold and Lotoo PAW Gold Touch. The Calyx M has an organic sound that is easy to like, even if it is not quite as 'reference' as the Lotoo offerings. However, the Calyx M is a dog on the OS side, as the processor simply cannot keep up with the software. There is also no Folder browser. I came to view it as pretty much unusable for daily use. Glitch, freeze, glitch...

Nonetheless, I have little argument with the SQ... A bit on the thick side but oh so sweet.
Thank you. I'll likely take a plunge knowing the limits in advance. I have a soft soft for these daps that focus solely on music even at the expense of a user friendly experience. Nevertheless, is it possible, for example, to search by genre and artist without issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back