$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #5,641 of 6,549
There is a free version link on this thread, maybe 10 pages back. The only thing is you can not go back to the original firmware after update.

Mar 10, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #5,642 of 6,549
There is a free version link on this thread, maybe 10 pages back. The only thing is you can not go back to the original firmware after update.
You can’t? Now that s new to me because I think to remember reading that windows x said it is completely reversible. But better ask himself again I guess ... @WindowsX

Mar 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #5,643 of 6,549
You can update the firmware, but since Calyx stopped create firmwares. .you can not go from Windows X to the same version of firmware

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #5,644 of 6,549
I'll be getting my hands on Calyx M this evening. :)

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #5,646 of 6,549
I would like to mod my calyx m, but when I try to load the firmware from the link you posted I get a message stating no update necessary. is there a way around this? also is there a way to get your upgraded version still?

You need to flash from recovery menu to reinstall the same modified version again. You can check the instructions in my website for details. It's out now. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #5,647 of 6,549
Dear Keetakawee!

Are there any differences between your "public" version of FM and the chargeable version?
Could you kindly describe them? As far as I understand, the paid version still available for 100 USD, so I need to clarify for myself if I need them or not.

Also I worry about the impossibility to return back to the stock FW (i.e. if I'm not happy about the sound changes). This problem (with reversibility) can be solved or we still should feel ourselves like "Apple" users? :)

Thank you for your support anyway!

Regards,
Konstantin.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #5,648 of 6,549
Public contains safe tweaks that works on every device without testing and guaranteed improvements. Chargeable version will have more specific tweaks and level of works put into it.

The reason why Calyx M took so long to release was because I couldn't get my hands on Calyx M to work on fully optimized firmware. I spent the whole night optimizing the ROM and made sure the ROM will be fully functional with all incompatibility issues resolved.

If you use stock firmware 1.01, you can flash my custom ROM and flash stock back at any time through recovery menu. I tested flashing numerous times myself last night and it went well for me. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #5,650 of 6,549
It's fully reversible of course. I've just updated the file to allow flashing from 1.02 too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #5,652 of 6,549
Thanks! I'm asking just because thehe was information before that custom firmware can't be replaced by stock. As far as I understand, this problem was resolved )

With pleasure. It's more like you can't flash the same version of firmware again but you can do that in recovery menu. Only assert part that prevent downgrading but that can be removed. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #5,653 of 6,549
So now since yesterday I‘ve installed the new update from @WindowsX (advanced purist) and I have to say that the sound is such a great step up (even against the former update the differences are easyily audible). The dynamics are even better and the sound overall is a tad more balanced than with the former update. Thumbs up for your good work and keep on doing your thing!

Mar 16, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #5,654 of 6,549
So now since yesterday I‘ve installed the new update from @WindowsX (advanced purist) and I have to say that the sound is such a great step up (even against the former update the differences are easyily audible). The dynamics are even better and the sound overall is a tad more balanced than with the former update. Thumbs up for your good work and keep on doing your thing!

I finally got mine version installed as I had the Advance as well and I would agree with these comments. I still have to spend some more time and maybe with some different phones as so far I only listened using the Grado GH1s for a few hours.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #5,655 of 6,549
I finally got mine version installed as I had the Advance as well and I would agree with these comments. I still have to spend some more time and maybe with some different phones as so far I only listened using the Grado GH1s for a few hours.
Just saw your inventory. Wow, that looks like a life work!
I just have my Calyx M and Oppo PM3s. No money for more equipment, but in ten years I want to have a long inventory list like you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back