7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ
Nov 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #376 of 548
I had that version of the classic (first one) and there is a significant difference to the sound.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #378 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by lethalus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true that it supports FLAC files?

ALAC, the Apple version of compressed lossless.

I happened to get the new iPod classic (from my old 120 GB) and could detect no audible difference, headphone out or line out to mini3, using Westone UM3X, on the ALAC classical songs I was listening to. Personally.

Nov 30, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #379 of 548
Well i got my new 160gb classic this Saturday and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. Now since the moment I've got it I've had it in a Belkin Remix Case which is very nice.

Amazon.com: Belkin Remix Acrylic Case for iPod classic 6G (Clear): Electronics

I had only been testing it out through a dock thus far, but now i realized I am going to have a big problem with the case. The headphone jack opening is too small for the plug on my denon d1001's. Its a 3.5mm switchcraft plug and with the case on, the plug only goes in half way.

I just can't believe I didn't think about that before buying the case. Now i guess i either go case less or try to drill a bigger hole.
triportsad.gif

Guess that's my little rant and hopefully people can learn from my stupidity.
redface.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #381 of 548
nvm post deleted

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #382 of 548
nvm post deleted

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #383 of 548
Damn my 2-month old 2009 iPod Classic died last week
frown.gif
. iTunes does not see the iPod when connected to my Mac or PC. In addition all music disappears and it says there's no space left on the device.. I suspect the hard disk is dead... Anyone experienced this before?
angry_face.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #384 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
. iTunes does not see the iPod when connected to my Mac or PC. In addition all music disappears and it says there's no space left on the device.. I suspect the hard disk is dead... Anyone experienced this before?
angry_face.gif

I have posted before on the subject of quality control in Apple's factories, and been flamed for my efforts. Good luck with your dud Classic.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #385 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
angry_face.gif

must be a bad apple.......
frown.gif
........ok so it wasn't that funny. anyway no matter the product there is always a chance for failure. just take it back to apple and let them exchange it.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #386 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsabr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
must be a bad apple.......
frown.gif
........ok so it wasn't that funny. anyway no matter the product there is always a chance for failure. just take it back to apple and let them exchange it.

Or ROTTEN!

LQQK

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #387 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by koshinki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ckturtle,
i saw the same person in the ebay selling the other cables and some cost USD160 with microchip inside, good? what is the difference? which model u use from this microhar? i just worry i buy the wrong 1 and later need to buy another 1 for upgrade..
sorry for keep asking the question...

Hi Koshinki,

Sorry that I couldn't get back to you any sooner. November has been an especially busy month at work. Personally, I'd go with the LOD that I had recommended. I think it'll make for an excellent starting point, and since the price is very reasonable, it shouldn't cost you too much to experiement with other LOD's and finally get the sound that you're looking for.

Sonically, I'm extremely satisfied with the specific Microshar LOD model I had recommended.

Good luck!

Chris

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #388 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Koshinki,

Sorry that I could'nt get back to you any sooner. November has been an especially busy month at work. Personally, I'd go with the LOD that I had recommended. I think it'll make for an excellent starting point, and since the price is very reasonable, it shouldn't cost you too much to experiement with other LOD's and finally get the sound that you're looking for.

Sonically, I'm extremely satisfied with the specific Microshar LOD model that I had recommended.

Good luck!

Chris

thanks for ur reply... really appreciate. ya.. i still not yet buy anything after i got my ipod. (this few wks i just run my ipod for burned in. not on everyday due to busy work.) before i got my amp, i will like to choose the earphone. i'm still using the earphone come with ipod... is really cannot make it.. but still holding back to buy it bcoz waiting for the x'mas promotion. the earphone like weststones, is actually quite expensive for me, but i'm aiming it. will get it once the price correct..

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #389 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by koshinki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for ur reply... really appreciate. ya.. i still not yet buy anything after i got my ipod. (this few wks i just run my ipod for burned in. not on everyday due to busy work.) before i got my amp, i will like to choose the earphone. i'm still using the earphone come with ipod... is really cannot make it.. but still holding back to buy it bcoz waiting for the x'mas promotion. the earphone like weststones, is actually quite expensive for me, but i'm aiming it. will get it once the price correct..

The Yuin PK-1's are GREAT earbuds (with an amp) and are also cheaper than the Westones. I have both.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #390 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Yuin PK-1's are GREAT earbuds (with an amp) and are also cheaper than the Westones. I have both.

sorry, what u mean with amp? do u mean that this earphone is good when u use together with amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back