7hz x Crinacle Dioko Thread
Jul 25, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #62 of 83
But they’re easily too loud for safe levels even from Apple dongles. I’ll have a Qudelix at my disposal again soon. I wonder how it will respond to eq with slight boosts in the treble and bass.
That I agree with. I mostly listen to music at night, with Apple dongle and UAPP at low volume, so it wasn't an issue for me. Never used eq with FH3. Let me know how well it takes eq.

Jul 25, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #63 of 83
New Q5K arrived (also got the QX-over)
Did this:
CFB4BD40-2904-4705-A949-0CCAE0A81D43.jpeg

It doesn’t seem much but that little extra U shape brought my test playlists, bass and vocal details alive. I wonder if tinkering with back and front dampers could effect similar change.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #66 of 83
For me it’s still the S12, it’s performance from 20-200hz I think makes it the best if the planars currently available.

Specifically, in what terms is the bass on S12 better? Is it just in terms of quantity?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #67 of 83
Specifically, in what terms is the bass on S12 better? Is it just in terms of quantity?

Compared to the Dioko the S12 has a notably elevated mid bass and a slightly elevated sub-bass. The S12 is also a bit more aggressive in the upper mids. But I find the Dioko to be pleasantly balanced across the FR. It’s less V shaped than the S12 so it has (to my ear) a more neutral sound.

Jul 26, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #68 of 83
I lack the audiophile vocabulary to describe it. But rather than quantity of thump bass drum sounds like a bass drum, likewise I tried out wearing it playing Escape from Tarkov and I found weapon reports sounded more life like and less game like.
Not sure what enables this (tuning or other factor) but the S12 with minimal tweaks recreates the most lifelike sounds to me. More so than the Dioko, Timeless and even the Variations.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #69 of 83

Pretty much aligns with my thoughts. Excellent detail, spotless midrange but a little on the thin side and needs midbass.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #70 of 83
Aug 8, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #71 of 83
Aug 25, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #72 of 83
What other iems have a similar/same presentation like the Dioko (budget is between $150-$600)? I want an iem dedicated for vocals/podcasts/audiobooks. The sound demo/test I've heard between the Dioko and S12 tells me the Dioko will be great at vocals/podcasts/audiobooks. I just hear that emphasis on the vocals and backing vocals a lot more on the Dioko as oppposed to the S12.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #74 of 83
Hello,

I'm the happy owner of a my first pair of IEM which are the Dioko and wanted to know the measures to choose the right tips. My parcel has been opened by the custom and I didn't receive the manual and the product information card...I don't know if it's written on theses documents...

Maybe you can help me...

Also, if someone doesn't care about the manual and the information card, I agree to pay for it and its shipment from Europe.

Aug 31, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #75 of 83
I've never messed with eq'ing any of my headphones or iem's in the past. I decided to give it a try on my dx160 for this set, bumping up the db's in the sub bass, mid bass on the parametric eq. And decided to bump up the upper midrange . Sounds good with my local files, more enjoyable than without eq'ing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back