7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #3,091 of 4,264
Apparently there may be an issue in at least some of the early production units, which were shipped with the wrong nozzle mesh filter, resulting in more upper mids and treble. Crinacle is trying to work this out right now with 7Hz.

That's not good. Without the correct nozzle filter the graph looks quite different and unbalanced. I hope this is an issue that's fairly limited in its reach.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #3,092 of 4,264
An update from Crinacle:
1656741556314.png

https://twitter.com/crinacle/status/1543098235933192193?s=21&t=JVrqf6vtl68pvB2SxTbXvg

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #3,093 of 4,264
Jul 2, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #3,094 of 4,264
Hmmm. Mine has shipped. Wondering if I am one of the 150+
Well you might be one of the lucky few who gets a filter replacement kit then :)

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #3,095 of 4,264
Well you might be one of the lucky few who gets a filter replacement kit then :)
I feel like a proper modder now!

Jul 2, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #3,097 of 4,264
+15db... thats looked like raw undampened FR, even more shouty than filterless Timeless that on roughly +12db at 2.5khz IIRC

Jul 2, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #3,098 of 4,264
I almost ordered yesterday but am now glad I didn't. I'll wait until there's a better handle on the extent of the issue and which sellers are best to use. I've been wanting to buy a planar since hearing the timeless and it looks like crinacle has already addressed the things I would have attempted to change for my preferences. Can't wait for an owner of a proper pair to describe the bass character. Likely not warm enough for everyone but at least the response appeals to my personal preferences. Those folks already have the timeless. :relaxed: I suspect the added efficiency has to do with stronger magnets and probably helps transients as well. Perhaps less of that planar smoothing effect but in a good way.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #3,099 of 4,264
I feel like a proper modder now!
Have received an email from Linsoul about this! Further confirmation that I am officially a modder! 🥳

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #3,101 of 4,264
Are you able to copy the email contents here? I'm curious about their official statement.
Hello there.

Thank you for purchasing the 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko from us.

We just received an update from 7HZ. It seems that some of the tuning filters that were ordered by the factory were sent in the wrong specification, so some Dioko units are under-dampened in the mids and highs (e.g. YouTuber Super* Review's unit).

7HZ and the factory have stopped all production until these issues are fully rectified, but we also understand that some units purchased by our early supporters have already been sent out to you.

Please do not worry as we will be sending you a follow-up pack of the correct filters, tweezers, and a replacement instruction video to guide you.

Please kindly click the following link to view the instruction video:

The filter and tweezer kit will be shipped out to you from Monday onwards. If you are still unable to replace the filters on your own, please seek help from your friends or family. Thank you.

On behalf of 7HZ and the factory, we sincerely apologize to all those affected. They are now taking extra steps to ensure that this will never happen again for future batches.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #3,102 of 4,264
hmmmmmmmmmm
I'm thinking about canceling my order from DD-Audio to wait until they fixed the issue.
Not sure they'll send the kit, since it's a third party store, and the order is supposed to be shipped within 5 days or it gets canceled, and considering Crin's post, it looks like it might take more than a few days to start production again.

Jul 2, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #3,103 of 4,264
hmmmmmmmmmm
I'm thinking about canceling my order from DD-Audio to wait until they fixed the issue.
Not sure they'll send the kit, since it's a third party store, and the order is supposed to be shipped within 5 days or it gets canceled, and considering Crin's post, it looks like it might take more than a few days to start production again.

What I did with DD is extend the shipping window to 15 days and made a note to please not send them until they have the updated sets. If they don’t respond confirming that the new version is coming then I’ll cancel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back