7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Oct 22, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #376 of 4,264
The Timeless really scale well with better amp. I paired it with my TRN BT20s pro and it was good. Volume is plenty enough, but the big difference is the bass. When using my P1, the bass is punchy and have good slam, but with bt20s pro, the bass is leaner. Overall tho, the Timeless is a gem. I have moondrop KATO coming in hopefully next week and its going to be interesting comparison between the two.

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #378 of 4,264
In
holsen- Just curious about the synergy between the Timeless and the Shanling M6 Pro 21?
In a word "Magnificent" The M6 Pro 21 has depth body bass and great sparkle from those ES9068 DACs - it has just enough warmth to make it musical and that palyss exceptionally well witht eh strengths of a planar and there's tons of driving power. I've played with high and turbo gain but dont need them because there's plenty of juice in low gain. I'm typically pushing the timeless on low gain between 25% and 30% volume so with three gain levels there's tons of headroom. The M6 Pro 21 is my favorite DAP to date and the pairing with Timeless is fastantic.

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #380 of 4,264
What cable are you people using for your timeless? I'm using a NiceHCK C8 cable.
havent felt compelled to change the cable. When they were new, I did put a pure silver cable on but they weren't burned yet and still a bit overly bright. As they've settled down and settled in they are just so luscious with the stock cable that I haven't even thought about swapping it out.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #381 of 4,264
In

In a word "Magnificent" The M6 Pro 21 has depth body bass and great sparkle from those ES9068 DACs - it has just enough warmth to make it musical and that palyss exceptionally well witht eh strengths of a planar and there's tons of driving power. I've played with high and turbo gain but dont need them because there's plenty of juice in low gain. I'm typically pushing the timeless on low gain between 25% and 30% volume so with three gain levels there's tons of headroom. The M6 Pro 21 is my favorite DAP to date and the pairing with Timeless is fastantic.
Great to hear! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the 7hz's and sort of intuitively thought that it would synergize well with the Pro 21 what with the Pro 21's already meaty presentation and my own experience with it on a set of HiFiMans .

Just one more question, although I think you mentioned this in another posting...the fit. Some have complained that the circular metal part of the IEM's outer housing was problematic for smaller ears. I know that the inner, into-the-ear part of the IEM is pretty ear-gonomic so that's not the issue, just the relatively large-diameter outer housing could be felt by a few as somewhat irritating/noticeable against the edges of the ear opening.

Do you know, roughly, what the diameter of this part of the IEM is? Maybe there's some measurements out there on this part but I haven't found them. It looks to be about the size of a nickel, maybe slightly bigger. Any further info regarding this appreciated!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #382 of 4,264
Stock cable works fine for me. It's soft and comfortable to wear, sounds great, no complaints.

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #383 of 4,264
Great to hear! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the 7hz's and sort of intuitively thought that it would synergize well with the Pro 21 what with the Pro 21's already meaty presentation and my own experience with it on a set of HiFiMans .

Just one more question, although I think you mentioned this in another posting...the fit. Some have complained that the circular metal part of the IEM's outer housing was problematic for smaller ears. I know that the inner, into-the-ear part of the IEM is pretty ear-gonomic so that's not the issue, just the relatively large-diameter outer housing could be felt by a few as somewhat irritating/noticeable against the edges of the ear opening.

Do you know, roughly, what the diameter of this part of the IEM is? Maybe there's some measurements out there on this part but I haven't found them. It looks to be about the size of a nickel, maybe slightly bigger. Any further info regarding this appreciated!
The outer diameter of the round faceplate is 21mm (7/8 of inch) and the inner countour of the shell fits perfectly in the bowl of the ear with no rub or irriation. I've got medium ears, take medium tips and these fit perfectly into my ear. on the back side of the shell, the faceplate and shell mirror each other. The outer portion of the faceplate remains round but extends 2mm (3/16 of inch) beyond the contured inside of shell and makes no contact with my ear. they may look unconventional but they fit (me) like a glove.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_130938.jpg
    IMG_20211022_130938.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211022_131109.jpg
    IMG_20211022_131109.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #384 of 4,264
I've been thinking about this and I wonder if some of the poor reviews were from folks who either didn't have the proper gear upstream, or they were playing too loud? My system is a Gumby and Soloist 3x, so I know I've got clean power and good decoding. I also tend to listen at relatively low levels, around 65-70 dB, and I get tremendous resolution, detail, and broad soundstage out of the Timeless. Once I push it a bit up to 75-85, I lose some of the separation, clarity, and stage that makes them special. These are not Campfire Honeydew. They're not pump-up-the-volume and bang your head IEMs. Yes, they can handle it, but they're not at their best when overdriven.

No joke, I've got several TOTL headphones and IEMs sitting on my shelf while I consistently reach for the $200 Timeless the past few days. They are really something else. I hope 7Hz does well with these and continues their development in this direction. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #385 of 4,264
Got mine today and i am so far thoroughly impressed. Excellent detail and soundstage, balanced tuning but nevertheless deep, extremely punchy and textured bass. Didn't find any music i didn't like with the 7hz so far. Fit is fine, too, as are the accessories for the price. Early impressions which could change over time and yadda yadda, but i'm nevertheless already pretty sure that these are a hit.

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #386 of 4,264
The Timeless really scale well with better amp. I paired it with my TRN BT20s pro and it was good. Volume is plenty enough, but the big difference is the bass. When using my P1, the bass is punchy and have good slam, but with bt20s pro, the bass is leaner. Overall tho, the Timeless is a gem. I have moondrop KATO coming in hopefully next week and its going to be interesting comparison between the two.
What is P1 ?

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #388 of 4,264
Waiting for the Comparison.

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #389 of 4,264
I've been thinking about this and I wonder if some of the poor reviews were from folks who either didn't have the proper gear upstream, or they were playing too loud?

No joke, I've got several TOTL headphones and IEMs sitting on my shelf while I consistently reach for the $200 Timeless the past few days. They are really something else. I hope 7Hz does well with these and continues their development in this direction. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.
It's the same story with me. I literally had to force myself to take my RAH ciem out of the case and back into my ear. Timeless has been my goto ever since arriving. Anyone still sitting on the fence; I'm not into FOTM or Hype trains. I bought them early simply because of the Planar Size and the price which made them worth a roll of the dice. These are the real deal.... and the price you're paying is not in anyway a reflection of the outstanding performance, tonality & timbre you're going to get out of them. The price is a reflection of the Astronomical Margins in the Audio Industry, and a manufacturer who isnt playing the massive markup game. I'm listening to my RAH right now which is a Planar Trybrid and the Timeless with that single 14.2mm Planar in there gives these babies a run for their money across the board.

Oct 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #390 of 4,264
It's the same story with me. I literally had to force myself to take my RAH ciem out of the case and back into my ear. Timeless has been my goto ever since arriving. Anyone still sitting on the fence; I'm not into FOTM or Hype trains. I bought them early simply because of the Planar Size and the price which made them worth a roll of the dice. These are the real deal.... and the price you're paying is not in anyway a reflection of the outstanding performance, tonality & timbre you're going to get out of them. The price is a reflection of the Astronomical Margins in the Audio Industry, and a manufacturer who isnt playing the massive markup game. I'm listening to my RAH right now which is a Planar Trybrid and the Timeless with that single 14.2mm Planar in there gives these babies a run for their money across the board.
What kind of amp you use with the Timeless on the go ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back