Good luck Chris!

Nov 19, 2001 at 6:29 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
Good luck Chris!

thanx a lot, i think i'm gonna need it in this crazy world of headphone buying
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Regarding Boomy bass in these Cans. I have heared the bass get close to Boomy (Fat is the Term i would use) with some source Components like the Headphone jack found on Home Hi-Fi receivers and some Preamps. My Old Mac C-33 Preamp has An Dedicated 20 watt Per Channel Headphone amp, Nice One of the Reasons I got it in the First Place. However it used the same Stupid resistoes between the Amp and the Headphones I removed the resistors and the bass on the V6's got alot tighter and Just better overall. On the output Jack of Home DVD and CD players, Yuck Everything is gone Bass, treble, Soundstage and other great qualities of this can are just not realised unless time is spent in system selection. Sure you can plug thes Headphones into the Headphone Jack on almost anything and get good sound, But The true Hidden Potential of these Wonderfull Phones are not revieled.

Nov 19, 2001 at 3:53 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by r3cc0s
I found it to be a very tight and almost perfect amount of bass it has...
It can go deep, but that doesn't mean it's boomy, like tech 1200's or koss 35's

Koss KSC-35s are not boomy, though they do have more bass response than the Grado SR-80s. They have what I'd call "elevated" bass. They're terrific for bass-shy recordings, like the Sundays' "Reading, Writing and Arithmetic."

Sony MDR-V600s are BOOMY.

Russ "The Peripatetic Audiophile"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back