Jun 19, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 10
what? you think the result of computation doesn't depend on algorithm used, but on which instructions are being used to compute it? wake up man
biggrin.gif

use dll version, don't ask me why
wink.gif
oh and your CPU has SSE2, not SSE3..

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 10
Sduibek,

Good questions!

I don't know many people know what the Direct Input monitor does.

Also, I've noticed on my system that EXE works, DLL doesn't. Haven't had time to debug this and find out why.

Glassman,

I advise you to study integer, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 float implementations and their relative calculation accuracies.

I'm not so convinced the calculation accuracies are identical. SSE use 32-bit (single precision) float, SSE2 64-bit (double precision).

friendly regards,
halcyon

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 10
but we are talking about ASIO output plugin, I don't think it ever tries to do anything to the sound, besides the output is usually 24bit fixed-point
wink.gif
but yes, good point halcyon, there are differences in precision among different instruction sets, but this is not the case I'd say..

I'm using dll version, exe version not working, as it seems, your mileage vary significantly in this regard
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 10
Both don't seem to work in my case....should I use KS for best SQ?

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
Both don't seem to work in my case....should I use KS for best SQ?

KS, in theory, doesn't differ in SQ from ASIO one bit. (or nibble, if you are so inclined) However, one member (Earwax, IIRC) reported best SQ with waveOut and no resampling or dithering. Strictly IHO, of course, but worth trying. I'm having problems with ASIO currently anyway, so I've been using waveOut. Almost 0 CPU usage, in any case.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Thanks! Another problem I'm having with my E-MU is how I can't resample with foobar anymore! When I change the sampling rate on the Resampler SSRC settings page, I used to get a warning from patchmix how the application chose a different sampling rate than the internal one, eg. I couldn't play 192 on the E-MU's 44 source. But now I can, and no warnings pop-out. Also, when I chose my 192 settings on E-MU's patchmix, no sound comes out even if I resample foobar to 192. But on the other hand when I use ASIO (which works) on Reason 2.5, and use 192 mode, the E-MU functions totally well (i.e. prompts me to use 192, and has sound and very jerky CPU operation..kekee) ...wierd

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 10
Sorry, no experience with the EMU, myself. Iron_Dreamer is the first person who comes to my mind. He's done everything you can with that card.

However, in my experience, try re-installing Foobar. That's fixed problems for me before.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jun 21, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
Thanks! Another problem I'm having with my E-MU is how I can't resample with foobar anymore! When I change the sampling rate on the Resampler SSRC settings page, I used to get a warning from patchmix how the application chose a different sampling rate than the internal one, eg. I couldn't play 192 on the E-MU's 44 source. But now I can, and no warnings pop-out. Also, when I chose my 192 settings on E-MU's patchmix, no sound comes out even if I resample foobar to 192. But on the other hand when I use ASIO (which works) on Reason 2.5, and use 192 mode, the E-MU functions totally well (i.e. prompts me to use 192, and has sound and very jerky CPU operation..kekee) ...wierd

Bare with me because I'm doing this from memory.

In Foobar, go into preferences and select resampling. Set to 192khz (I generally use 96khz but since you're trying to achieve 192 I'll write the instructions that way). Next, go to playback and select the output data format check box that says "show all options." Then select 24bit padded to 32bits. Once you're done with that, select "Output" in the preferences tree. Select ASIO, then click the box that takes you to the ASIO preferences. Make sure the output device is the E-MU. Save all and close.

In Patchmix, create a new 192khz plus 4 session. In the ASIO stereo strip, insert a send to I/O card in 1/2.

This should work, if you're still stuck let me know and I'll try and walk you through it when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back