71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt)
Dec 30, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #91 of 366

Woah. Some of these IEMs (in your latest review batch) actually score higher than some established names, including the Noble 4 and 8. They must be pretty darn good, bro. I was actually very impressed with the Noble 4.

Anyway, any ideas on your next batch of IEMs?

Yeah TBH, the N4 is still the greatest shock for me. As I wrote in my review, I really expected to like it, but that bass was really a no-go for me.

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #92 of 366
My next round will be on Friday. Probably aiming for Heir + Lear next. Either that or Hidition, AAW, Rooth, Canalworks. I may also be keen on trying the Noble 4 again- anyone know what is MS' new opening hours for this holiday period?

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #93 of 366
I too was very very impressed by the noble 4!! I prefer it over noble 6 actually! Its sound is very similar as compared to shures 535 reds, but its sound stage is somewhat similar to the Legend. Wide and airier and not sounding forced or fake! Very nice IEM too! Have all the positive points of the 535 and with its own improvements!

Yeah. I have the same thoughts about the Noble 4. It has a very wide soundstage, accurate imaging, with good treble and bass extensions. I was actually tempted to get a 4C, but decided against it, since I was already going for a K10.

Yeah TBH, the N4 is still the greatest shock for me. As I wrote in my review, I really expected to like it, but that bass was really a no-go for me.

I see. Taking into consideration the huge price gap between the Noble 4 and 6, I actually felt that the 4 was a very good IEM in its own right. It shared many of the good points of its bigger brothers, albeit presented in a less refined manner. Sound was clear and detailed, and has a better price to performance ratio than the 6 and 8, IMO.

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #94 of 366
  My next round will be on Friday. Probably aiming for Heir + Lear next. Either that or Hidition, AAW, Rooth, Canalworks. I may also be keen on trying the Noble 4 again- anyone know what is MS' new opening hours for this holiday period?

Nice! I will be on leave from Thursday onwards, so maybe we could arrange for a day to visit MS or Null? I'll PM you? 
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #95 of 366
Thank you for this large task.

Do you have a chance to add jvc fx1000 and sony z5?

Thanks! I'll try to see if I have access to them. Is there any reason you're interested in these two specifically?

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #96 of 366
I might be going to MS again too for more demos. I skipped out on the noble 8 and I really want to hear the legend again haha. Maybe drop by E1 for the vision ears too

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #97 of 366
I might be going to MS again too for more demos. I skipped out on the noble 8 and I really want to hear the legend again haha. Maybe drop by E1 for the vision ears too

Stage 6 XC? From the direction you're going in, I think you'll like it- a lot.

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #98 of 366
And yes the K10 with their modded ak120 too... I really need to relisten the k10...

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #99 of 366

Stage 6 XC? From the direction you're going in, I think you'll like it- a lot.
!

Yep!! Hmm not sure with MS will be opened on the 2nd though, or E1. Let me drop them a message to check!

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #100 of 366
Let us know what they say.. Thanks a bunch!

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #102 of 366
Japan offers good bargains on these two models and Z5 seems to have some fans on headfi.

Will you be travelling to Japan anytime soon? I agree that the prices in Japan are pretty good. Especially once you factor in the 8% tourist tax discount at major retailers like Yodobashi.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #103 of 366
Japan offers good bargains on these two models and Z5 seems to have some fans on headfi.

Heard that the AKs are very cheap there lol

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #104 of 366
Let us know what they say.. Thanks a bunch!

E1 is opened as usual.
MS requires appointment as they will send people down specially for us if we are coming!
Soooo, whose interested for Friday 2pm MS? :).

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #105 of 366
Jelt, malevolent and any singapore users,

Who are interested in visiting MS on Friday 2nd jan 215pm? I have tentatively booked an appointment for this timing haha.

Just reply to this thread and state your preferences on what will you like to demo so I can tell MS to prepare for us:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back