7 drum hits -> What do you hear?
Jun 21, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #91 of 109
I can get it to sound spot on like the first picture if I completely block the grilles on my MS1i.

Tried it on the MS1i, HD238 and HD595, the sound shifts from the second to the first according to how much area of the grille is blocked.

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #93 of 109
The sound stereo image represented by the first picture plays then the stereo image represented by the second picture plays.

What I actual hear is simply the same drum being played at panning volumes between right and left & twice @ equal volumes ( Represented once in the middle of each picture) in each channel giving the sense of directional sound .

Quote:
The former or the latter?

Both are played one after the other beginning on the left channel and ending on the right .

So what?

Jul 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #94 of 109

Quote:
The file is used to setup a stereo speaker setup. If set up 100% the 7 drums will be portrayed like the first graphic shows.

On any headphone, and any headphone amp, I´ve tried; the second graphic represents what I hear.

Bottom line: The file is NOT intended for head-fi, but merely stereo speakers. It is therefore quite interesting that some post that they perceive to hear graphic no. 1 via headphones. I´m not implying they hear wrong. I´m just quite baffled.

With stereo headphones I hear more like "if set up 100% 14 drums will be portrayed like the first and second graphic show?

The sound just sweeps from left to right twice represented proportionally by both graphics!

£1 earbuds
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #96 of 109
Seems like somebody should cut the track -- some posts seem to not recognize that it's a loop.

iPhone4 + ATH-M50 = second picture. The first and last drum hits are not THAT far away, it's just that the 2nd-6th hits are closer to each other.

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #97 of 109
ASUS Xonar Essence STX > Ultrasone PRO 2900 second picture, again with Dolby headphones it is moved closer and the first picture.

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #98 of 109
i hear the first one clearly. everything seems spaced fine on my part.

currently just using my AKG 240DF's running off my 1983 Hitachi HA-2 amp and plugged into my Behringer UFO202 Audio Interface to my gaming rig at the moment.

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #99 of 109
On my M50 i hear the first illustration, but not further away as my SAMSON sr850 which sounded like the second illustration..

until this test i never even thought of  comparing the two for soundstage....

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #102 of 109
Neither the first nor the second.

First two hits - Extreme left. The second hit is less extreme.
Third hit is far away from the second it; however the second hit is very close to the first hit.
Fourth hit is near center.
Fifth hit is clearly veered to the right, about half-way between the dead-center and the extreme-right.
Sixth hit is about 85% extreme-right.
Seventh hit is extreme right.

Basically, these hits are dispersed randomly.

Equipment: Altec Landing Dolby Advanced Audio speakers

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #103 of 109
Sounds to me like left half is like the 2nd picture, right half is like the 1st one 
confused.gif
  EMU1212M->SONY 75ES DAT ->Perreaux SXH1 -> DT990 600ohm

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #105 of 109
Quote:
Sounds to me like left half is like the 2nd picture, right half is like the 1st one 
confused.gif
  EMU1212M->SONY 75ES DAT ->Perreaux SXH1 -> DT990 600ohm

Oh man... To me, it sounds like the sounds on the left are evenly spaced (1st one), and only the last drum hit on the right is very far away.

DT250-80, Porta Pros only connected to FiiO E7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back