7 drum hits -> What do you hear?
Jun 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

Loevhagen

1000+ Head-Fier
Jun 17, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 109
I hear the second.

On my speaker setup (an acoustic threated room), the first illustration is spot on.

Go figure...

For the one of you that can hear the first illustration on a head-fi rig; please post your rig´s components. Thanks. )

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 109

Quote:
I hear both exactly like the picture.

Audio Technica W11R
through
Anedio D1 DAC

What picture?  I think it's just the same thing looped twice, and not two different instances of the former picture and latter picture.

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #11 of 109
Quote:

What picture?  I think it's just the same thing looped twice, and not two different instances of the former picture and latter picture.

OOOO...  It's closer to the second picture for me then. =) I was wondering because it doesn't sound exactly like either of those pictures.

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #12 of 109
Fisrt:
The same as the picture without any problems.

Second:
Grouped more in the center, I could distinguish between more left or right, but in the middle I was guessing what direction it was coming from.

Fostex T50RP out of Sony Receiver from Computer Via RCA

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 109
For the sake of good order: The sound file containes 7 drum hits looped in 2 sequences. I.e. the first 7 hits and the 7 last hits are excactly the same...

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #14 of 109

Xonar ST > Symetrix 304
(4 headphone output all leveled to equal loudness, tried each phone one after another) 

Round 1

Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII: Second.
Ultrasone HFI 580: Second
Fischer Audio DBA-02: First
HiFIMAN HE-4: First

Interesting results! 
Closed cans showed the second yet an IEM and an open planner magnetic phone showed the first.

Round 2 (Results that showed change based on driver or housing design from round 1 in bold)

Grado SR80: First

HiFIMAN RE-ZERO: Second

AKG K99: First
Custom orthodynamic SFI driver in an ATH-RE70: Second

In this round, the ortho and the IEM showed the socond sample however the semi-open K99 and the fully open SR80 showed the first again. Perhaps the dynamic driver in the RE-ZERO is the cause for change versus the dual BA driver in the DBA-02?

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #15 of 109
Quote:

Xonar ST > Symetrix 304
(4 headphone output all leveled to equal loudness, tried each phone one after another) 

Round 1

Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII: Second.
Ultrasone HFI 580: Second
Fischer Audio DBA-02: First
HiFIMAN HE-4: First

Interesting results! 
Closed cans showed the second yet an IEM and an open planner magnetic phone showed the first.

Round 2 (Results that showed change based on driver or housing design from round 1 in bold)

Grado SR80: First

HiFIMAN RE-ZERO: Second

AKG K99: First
Custom orthodynamic SFI driver in an ATH-RE70: Second

In this round, the ortho and the IEM showed the socond sample however the semi-open K99 and the fully open SR80 showed the first again. Perhaps the dynamic driver in the RE-ZERO is the cause for change versus the dual BA driver in the DBA-02?

That's interesting. Do you think it may have to do with frequency response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back