6xx vs 58x
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #17 of 21
@SilverEars Bottlehead crack with the 300 ohm senns you mean right? I’ve heard the 58x is not good for it

edit: just realized it was you who i heard it from in a different post.:beyersmile::beyersmile:
your avi makes me smile it's so ridiculous :beyersmile:

i'm so happy a shipment from china I have been working on for almost 4 months is about to arrive.... I WANT THIS HEADSET LETS GOOO

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 21
@donkek :) it’s a picture that came up when i googled dukkha once, which is pali for “suffering” like in the buddhist sense. But for me it’s a lovely photo so it represents both sides of this audio hobby that i’ve grown obsessed with.

edit: who’s your avatar? I wanna guess a korean athlete but forgive me if i’m wrong!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 21
@donkek :) it’s a picture that came up when i googled dukkha once, which is pali for “suffering” like in the buddhist sense. But for me it’s a lovely photo so it represents both sides of this audio hobby that i’ve grown obsessed with.

edit: who’s your avatar? I wanna guess a korean athlete but forgive me if i’m wrong!
shiho yoshimura bit of an internet phenom, she played volleyball in japan and had quite a following before she stopped... I'm hoping she has a sister or something :beyersmile:

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 21
lots of people pushing for the 6XX, honestly that was my first choice
@buke9
which pair of Hifimans do you like most, i have been looking at the 400i's and 4xx/5xx as well

@Shabda, magni 3 + my mobo has a feature called "smart amp both together are JUST enough to get it to good volume, haven't got the bas x a-100 yet but yeah basically these are good for pushing 300 ohms that was a large consideration!

do you or anybody know the exact differences between the 660s? I know for a while people thought they were the same, i'm under the impression the 58x is the same as the HD600 driver

@bifcake you are 100% right

@plmon def. wanting these new, I also almost bought the 400i from drop since the sale is only for a few more hours and **** the box it comes with is so sexy

I also have the BasX amp, but have lately been using my JDS Labs Atom more. Mainly because the BasX had more of a niche usage than I expected, the resistors have an effect on the FR and can change how your headphones sound (some in a good way, some not). Using the jumpers to bypass the resistors and go full power gets you uncolored sound, but it also comes with a good amount of noise that's noticeable with more sensitive headphones.

Even though they're rated at 300 ohms, the 6xx's are also a bit sensitive so they ended up picking up some noise on my BasX. Fortunately, it's not really noticeable when playing music. But it'll probably be better to use it off your Magni (which seems to have more than enough power to drive it).

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #21 of 21
I also have the BasX amp, but have lately been using my JDS Labs Atom more. Mainly because the BasX had more of a niche usage than I expected, the resistors have an effect on the FR and can change how your headphones sound (some in a good way, some not). Using the jumpers to bypass the resistors and go full power gets you uncolored sound, but it also comes with a good amount of noise that's noticeable with more sensitive headphones.

Even though they're rated at 300 ohms, the 6xx's are also a bit sensitive so they ended up picking up some noise on my BasX. Fortunately, it's not really noticeable when playing music. But it'll probably be better to use it off your Magni (which seems to have more than enough power to drive it).
yes however I wish to join you in the drive 600ohms cult.... I will now harvest any 600ohm headphones for hoarding and worshipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back