6th Calgary Meeting , April 2012
Apr 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #31 of 56
I will have a pair of SRH -940 and a pair of SRH-1840 (these are on loan to me for a review and the meet), plus my MDR-7550 and something I ordered from Koera called Redgiant Ossicle http://www.redgiant.co/a03-ossicle which is a large IEM with dual dynamic drivers 8mm and 14mm. This new IEM may not arrive before the meet but here's to hoping.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #32 of 56
Oh Yeah! Count me in! Heres what I'm bringing:

(Im putting this amp on sale, so if anyone is interested let me know i will bring the orginal box $600)
Darkvoice 337SE with NOS Amperex Bugle boys

NOS RCA 6AS7G

Tung-Sol 5998

KECES 151 DAC
Heed CanAmp

HE500 - with blue dragon cable.

Welcome 'fruiti'.

Now we're cooking with gas! Nice to see a high end tube amp join the fray and I am very excited to listen to your HE-500's. If it only sounds half as good as people raved about I will be in heaven.

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Until then.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #33 of 56
Hi Guys,

just wanted to give another shout to see if someone out there has another folding table (we need one more).  As well, if you could bring a powerbar, folding chair, cables etc... Anything that will make the meet more comfortable and allow us to hook up all the gear would be great.

See all of you in a bit...

Cheers,
Al

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #34 of 56

Quote:
I will have a pair of SRH -940 and a pair of SRH-1840 (these are on loan to me for a review and the meet), plus my MDR-7550 and something I ordered from Koera called Redgiant Ossicle http://www.redgiant.co/a03-ossicle which is a large IEM with dual dynamic drivers 8mm and 14mm. This new IEM may not arrive before the meet but here's to hoping.

Can't wait to compare the 940s with the 1840.  I really liked my 840s so I'm expecting the next level.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #35 of 56
Colin has something surreal in stock for us and it sounds FANTASTIC. Wow, simply Wow. I'm so giddy just thinking about it. :) :) :)

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #36 of 56
I will try and make it.  If I come I will bring:

Grado RS 1
LCD 2 v2
Yulong Sabre A18 amp and Sabre D18 DAC combo
Opera Consonance DLinear 8 Wireless DAC/Headphone Amp

I might also bring Little Dot MK V Amp and DAC 1 since they are for sale or trade.

I can bring a power bar as well.

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #37 of 56
My LCD3s aren't back from RMA from Audeze yet, so I won't be able to bring them. I will however bring a silver cable for Audeze headphones so people can try that out.

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #39 of 56
I sent it in last friday. So it's been a week. They got it on tuesday and shipped it out yesterday. But it looks like I wont get them till Monday.
It's not too bad if you have to send it in, they're pretty quick, it's just i decided to do it last minute.

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #40 of 56

Quote:
My LCD3s aren't back from RMA from Audeze yet, so I won't be able to bring them. I will however bring a silver cable for Audeze headphones so people can try that out.

Is your cable balanced?  I want to try the balanced output on my A18 amp to my LCD 2's.  I have a balanced cable on order but it won't be here for a week or so.  FYI I had a 4 week wait for some RMA work on my LCD 2's (cracked housing).  That was just recently.  I went through the dealer so that probably added a fair amount of time.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #41 of 56

Quote:

Is your cable balanced?  I want to try the balanced output on my A18 amp to my LCD 2's.  I have a balanced cable on order but it won't be here for a week or so.  FYI I had a 4 week wait for some RMA work on my LCD 2's (cracked housing).  That was just recently.  I went through the dealer so that probably added a fair amount of time.

Not balanced.
The dealer probably did add some time. From the LCD3 thread, people seem to experience very quick RMAs. Their LCD3s would arrive and then shipped back the next day.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #43 of 56
I love the combo.  I find my ears get fatigued with typical "hifi" sound.  The A18/D18 is definately a warm sounding combo with the LCD 2's but not in a way that omits any details.  The details are all there, just in a warm musical sense.  IMHO.  Unfortunately for me my LCD 2's are going back to Audeze yet again (first time was for cracked housing) due to left driver static and cut outs.  Probably wont be bringing them on Sunday if I can make it.  At least this time I had them for 5 days instead of 4 days like the first set. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #45 of 56

Quote:
I love the combo.  I find my ears get fatigued with typical "hifi" sound.  The A18/D18 is definately a warm sounding combo with the LCD 2's but not in a way that omits any details.  The details are all there, just in a warm musical sense.  IMHO.  Unfortunately for me my LCD 2's are going back to Audeze yet again (first time for cracked housing) due to left driver static and cut outs.  Probably wont be bringing them on Sunday if I can make it.  At least this time I had them for 5 days instead of 4 days like the first set. 

Is this a revision 2? Because I thought Rev2s fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back