Price
Shipping Destinations
  1. Anywhere
Or Best Offer
Yes
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bwck2000

Head-Fier
Normal Working order, Mint cosmetic condition, No big ,obvious scratches, only little signs of usage. The schematic of the amp follows the classical 2 solid-state stages + one tube output stage, resistor as the CCS. CRC power supply filter for ±400V, ±15v and 6.3v filament. This unit has one group of XLR and RCA input. This amp also has an unusual feature that is not commonly found in other third party electrostatic amps: a 20 second tube warm up buffer before it starts to function, with an indicator light blinking on the front. It's the same thing you see on a stax amp.

This amp uses ALPS attenuator , Vishay/Dale resistors, WIMA/Nichichon caps, HIFI grade O-type transformer, oyaide cables etc. -Things you would expect to find in a Hi-end amplifier. No crap components. The PCB board is neat because the resistors are at the bottom. The unit also comes with two Tung Sol 6sn7gtb tubes with boxes. Genuine stax connector is used. This amp can stand up against anything in this price range: neutral sound (not dark) , well extended treble and bass&dynamic comparable to a solid state amplifier. It can drive a 007 well. Another reason I like this amp is that it is compact. Its depth is even smaller than a SRM-006T. Suitable for desktop system.

Kept in Smoke free and pet free environment. Will accept payment through PayPal/stripe/ pickup and I will pay the pp transaction fee as well as the shipping cost. Some counties may need some extra cost. The item will be shipped from Hong Kong by DHL express or EMS or SF express . Prefer accepting HKD than USD but both are ok. Also sorry for being a bit suspicious if you are a new member. I do not accept trade unless its some rare stax gear.

headphone not included, not for sale
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 10.56.50 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-24 at 10.56.50 PM.jpeg

aaa.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 15

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
Clean build, sadly I'm the crazy nut who wants a Stax Amp for my little ESP 95X but can you blame me?

Question who built it?

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 15

bwck2000

Head-Fier
Clean build, sadly I'm the crazy nut who wants a Stax Amp for my little ESP 95X but can you blame me?

Question who built it?
Hi,

I can make you a koss to stax adapter if you buy the amp for some extra cost.

I do not build this. This is from my friend, a hardcore diyer who is dare to open up a T8000 and take it apart. He is not in Headfi tho. I know the design of this amp is unique. If you have any question I can try to open it up and look for it.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 15

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I can make you a koss to stax adapter if you buy the amp for some extra cost.

I do not build it. Its from my friend, a hardcore diyer who is dare to open up a T8000 and take it apart. He is not in Headfi tho. I know the design of this amp is unique. If you have any question I can try to open it up and look for it.

An the temptation deeeeeeeeepens, send me a link to some of your friends other work if you don't mind as well as the schematics. I'll have to do a little more digging but you've got me now

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 15

Mshenay

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry I do not have the schematic. I don't think he will give me and I didn't ask. I will try to send you some photos through pm.

Yea that's ok I get his hesitation, I'm just curious to see some of his other builds to get a feel for the quality of his work

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #15 of 15

bwck2000

Head-Fier
This amp is resistor based the way same as most stax tube amps, while it does not have the constant current source that 717, KGSSHV and probably your modded T1 own. I don't have a vinyl setup I only use it on my dac.

Users who are viewing this thread