1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

6SN7 Tube Addicts

First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last
  1. Scutey
    Sounds like a good price for those T Mark II. Prices, especially for well known brands of NOS only seem to be going up, but as in your case patience usually pays off!.

2. ra990
    I have northern electric 6SN7 that I purchased from the tube store for the Saga, but then ended up returning the Saga in a couple weeks. If anyone wants the tube, let me know. I'm going to lose a lot if I return it, so would rather just sell it to a head-fier for cheap.

3. Mshenay Contributor
    Well I picked up a Psvanne MK II... it'll be here in about 2 weeks. I have a show on the 15th and it's set to be delivered on that day at the earliest! So I guess the show is where I'll hear it first lol! Here's to hoping it sounds every bit as good as ppl say. Certainly looks lovely

I paid about $100 for it, I've seen pairs for around $100 each and I might have been able to be more aggressive with my offer! Oh well, here's to hoping it really is a worth competitor to my perfectly matched NOS Sylvania 1940's White Label

4. Mshenay Contributor
  5. Scutey
    You never know you might be lucky and get them a day or two early!.

Although I've never used the Psvane MKII I have the Shuguang Treasure, which I believe are similar and they are a very nice tube.

Good luck with your show!.

Mshenay likes this.
  6. Mshenay Contributor
    here's to hoping! What do you love about your Treasure

7. Scutey
    Well I haven't used them for about 2/3 months as I've bought a pile of tubes and have been steadily going through them, so off hand it's difficult to remember so i'll put them in my Elise this evening and give them a listen!.:)

8. Scutey
    20171113_213912_resized[686].jpg
    Mshenay, just giving the Treasures a workout in my Elise, forgotten how good they sound, Warm and relaxed, spacious, good soundstage, detailed too, better suited to less aggressive/energetic music, good with jazz, classical, folk, some rock. What's more I picked them up only lightly used for less than the price of one new!.

Mshenay likes this.
  9. Mshenay Contributor
    Nice, I'm not sure what I'll do with mine if it sounds the same, spacious I like! But relaxed not so much... though I imagine I'll have a Saga here soon as a pre to a solid State, in that case I'd certainly want a more relaxed sounding tube with a TON of space... either way we will see! I'm very seriously going to be upgrading my headphones to silver here soon so I may enjoy the more relaxed sound with the added clarity of silver cables

10. Scutey
    Nice, I have to say also that the powers i'm using at the mo are also warm sounding so that is definitely making them sound a bit more relaxed.

11. Scutey
    Another thing, I would be interested what you think of the Psvane MKII when you finally get them as I may be tempted to give some a go.

12. Mshenay Contributor
    I'll let you know for sure! i HEARD a set in a Feliks... Elise? Maybe, which the lower priced amp was for last year, either way it as impressive! So much so I went after one for my Ember II

Scutey likes this.
  13. Scutey
    Thanks!, my main amp is the Elise so sounds promising.

14. thatonenoob
    I'm collecting a crap ton of tubes. Too many for my own health as of late.

RCA 6080s, Sylvania coinbase rebrands, fotons, and soon thomsons! Incredibly excited for the Thomson 6080.

15. Scutey
    You're not the only one! lol, not tried the Thomson but keep meaning to as their cheap, I will one day!.

First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last