-
Dec 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 3
  • I definitely like bass, my current headphones seem kinda boring and that's why I'm upgrading. They are pretty flat lined in most cases. I like exciting and loud sounds. Crisp audio. 

. My tastes do vary greatly but I am willing to spend over 350 if it is definitely worth it, but bass is the most important. So primarily rap, drum and bass, some alternative/rock stuff, and the occasional indie folk rock stuff. 

• While I will be mainly using it at home, being portable would be ideal but not necessary. 

• I listen to music off my desktop and my sound card is: THX® TruStudio PC™ (allegedly). Or in very rare cases a semi-****ty dell laptop or an iPod touch (2nd gen) 

• As for AMP/DAC i'm not entirely fluent in the audio terms but my friend recommended me Fiio e11 + to give it crystal clear audio. My understanding is that DACs give clearer audio and AMPs just change treble/bass? (Sorry if that is incoherent).

Audio Technica ATH-A900X ($200) closed headphones, they can easily work plugged directly into your desktop PC, Dell laptop or iPod.
This morning i finally replace the stock ear pads on my A900X with Hifiman Velour ear pads ($10).

The Fiio E17 portable DAC/Amp could be used with the desktop, laptop and iPod.
Should improve audio quality (at least a little) with all three sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back