Mar 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm not a fake headphones expert, but those are most likely fake considering there's no branding at all in the pictures, whereas the real headphones have AKG on the back of them.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 12
Good call... Just realized they were missing the AKG logo on the back... Just contacted seller again to see if they can send me a picture of the product.  Gonna check if they have the AKG logo or not... Some of these sellers actually photoshop out the logos.  Not saying they aren't fake lol but gosh... Didn't know the AKGs got copied so fast

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 12
Update... They really are AKGs... Not sure if they are real or not but they are labelled correctly and also they are marked with the ACTON tag on the purchase bar codes which is China's authentic AKG seller... So confused... How are they so freakin cheap?...

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 12
If you do buy them can you msg me (or comment on this post) to tell me if they actually are real, I've got $75 to spend but it could be bumped up to $90 so I could get 'em on amazon... Buuuut I'd rather not spend close to $100 on something I could lose so easily, if I could get them for $23

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 12
No they don't they removed the box for you so you don't get charged the $5 dollar extra fee if you want the box.  They do this to save on shipping costs for you and them.  You can ask for the box if you want to sell it retail wise but if you're just going to use it they don't give you the box.

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 12
Those seem to be fake according to some comparison photos I found from a Chinese website:

http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/617003474/T2kIfIXiVXXXXXXXXX_!!617003474.jpg

The fakes have thinner AKG letters.

http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/617003474/T2L3rIXeFXXXXXXXXX_!!617003474.jpg

The fakes have a longer rubber bit after the jack and smoother metal surface.

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #11 of 12
Woah nice dude!! These are fakes... But surprisingly the thing I was surprised about was the fact that they don't sound bad LOL... Probably not as good as the real AKGs but still not bad for the price. EVERYBODY THESE ARE FAKES!!! Sorry for the confusion and be careful!!

I appologize to anybody that bought these because of me! I'm really sorry!

Also if you bought some already, please open up the dispute on aliexpress and get a refund!

May 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #12 of 12
Ha, for fakes these are actually really good - much better than the asking price. I wonder if there's a genuine driver in there or something... For €15 it's not really worth a dispute, anyway. I'd be curious to compare these to the real ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back