TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #106 of 286
Well i gave all of my info to Barra when i applied to this tour and i was on a Barra's tour before. The reason i applied to this tour cus i wanna compare A12t with my A18 and the old A12. Now you wanna add more information. I understand that but i think thats too much hassle for me.
@Barra please take me out of the list. Thank you.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #107 of 286
It seems to me, the most important of all is the credit card-if it is valid, that should give more reassurance than any of the other criteria that no one is making off with the gear.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #108 of 286
Well i gave all of my info to Barra when i applied to this tour and i was on a Barra's tour before. The reason i applied to this tour cus i wanna compare A12t with my A18 and the old A12. Now you wanna add more information. I understand that but i think thats too much hassle for me.

Well,
I think we have just to thank Barra organizing these tour.
Now because of some dishonest people he is putting in place procedures that will avoid these issues, I think it's only fair to follow Barra new requests.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #109 of 286
Well,
I think we have just to thank Barra organizing these tour.
Now because of some dishonest people he is putting in place procedures that will avoid these issues, I think it's only fair to follow Barra new requests.
Yup i know that. But new requests like too much for me. :)
For me, its not worth to give alot of my personal information like this. I will come to the next Canjam to listen to them then. :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #110 of 286
It seems to me, the most important of all is the credit card-if it is valid, that should give more reassurance than any of the other criteria that no one is making off with the gear.

And that is definitely going to be an option, but this has to be setup through the manufacturer. They'll have to agree to take the credit card as security and all credit card processing and information storage will be through them.

Yup i know that. But new requests like too much for me. :)
For me, its not worth to give alot of my personal information like this. I will come to the next Canjam to listen to them then. :)

I respect your position and we understand that some people may opt out of the tour completely due to the restrictions, but that's not the goal. We absolutely can't have thefts of $8000 worth of gear anymore. I'm sorry to see you go @hung031086

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #111 of 286

Not to say this applies to you @hung031086 but being on a previous tour doesn't necessarily exclude you. That's Barra's call to make. Just so everyone is aware, one of the thefts was perpetrated by someone that was on a previous tour...

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #113 of 286
The 2nd tour kit is scheduled to be in my hands today as well. I'll also be holding on to it while Barra and I work out the added security measures of the tour. For anyone not aware @Barra has asked me to come on board to assist him during the tours for security reasons.

I'll be talking with Barra, about this hopefully later today if both of our schedules permit. Once we discuss this, either Barra or I will be posting the new requirements. From preliminary talks with Barra, there basically will be two routes to take.

The two routes will be
A. Providing a lot more information that will be verified. This is what Barra and I will be discussing.
B. Providing the same basic information already required by Barra's tours and in addition providing a valid Credit Card, to be submitted to the manufacturer of the gear being toured for a security deposit.

I will give you all the preliminary requirements that I gave to Barra so you guys can have an idea of what steps may be required.
1. State Issued ID card or Driver's license with photo and address.
2. Address on State issued ID must match shipping address
3. Copy of utility bill in the participants name. Utility bill address/name must match ID card and shipping address
4. Working phone number, Cell phone or landline along with a photo with participants name and address on the bill. No Google voice or other free phone numbers and no prepaid cell phones.
5. Valid email address
6. Employer name - phone number (verification may be required)
7. Social medial profile - Facebook or Linked-In, etc. Required to add BulldogXTRM as a friend.
8. Join Head-Fi tours group page on Facebook that will be a private group and make at least one post acknowledging acceptance of the tour terms.
9. Also posting the same acceptance on the Head-Fi.org tour page.

All participants must do these next steps or will be excluded from future tours.
1. Must notify Barra, BulldogXTRM, previous participant, and the next participant via group email that the kit has been received.
2. Must notify Barra, BulldogXTRM and the next participant via group email that the kit has been shipped along with a photo of the shipping receipt with visible tracking number.

We realize that not everyone will meet all of these requirements, such as college students etc. Therefore in order for these participants to still take part, substitutions will be made on a case by case basis when you first request to participate. As an example a parent's address/phone number may be supplemented for employer. Cell phone bill, may be used instead of utility bill.

The goal of these steps is simple we want to verify who you are, where you live, and in case of you not returning or shipping the kit to the next person, we want to track you down and either get the kit from you or get the cost of the kit from you. If we can't get the tour kit or the money from you, we want to know who to file criminal charges against... We also know that the majority of members will never be an issue because you guys are hard working and honest people.

If anyone has any issues at this point with any of this, then you can PM me, I will provide my email address and we can discuss it in a group email with Barra and I. If you feel like this is too much, then feel free to notify Barra and drop from the tour.
There of course will be some exceptions such as those members that have built trust with Barra. He make's that call and if that applies to you, Barra will notify you. My job is the opposite, I don't trust anyone, but I'll be verifying everyone...

Hope this helps give you guys an idea of what's coming. This will take some time to get this information and verify it from everyone so be patient and we'll get the tour moving as quickly as possible.

Again this is preliminary requirements, FINAL rules will be posted later. This is not the place to have an in depth discussion or to plead why these rules shouldn't apply to you. But I would love to have a little feedback and find out if you agree or disagree with terms as stringent as these.

I can provide all those requirements except #7 as I do not have neither one of those crap

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #116 of 286

Both the Trio and U12t have arrived safe and sound.

The bummer is I'm out of town until Friday. I REALLY want to hear these! It will be great to compare the Trio to my Fourte, and the U12t to the original A12.

Also, Barra has asked me to hold the Trio and U12t until further notice due to the tour issues.

Due to the hold on the tour, I will do my best to answer any questions you all may have and make any comparisons I can for you. Work is demanding right now so it may take a few days for me to reply, but I feel that as long is this gear is with me this is something I owe to the rest of you. Let me know how I can help.

- Eric
Can’t wait to try the U12t myself, I already added to my card with 64audio, once I like what I hear, will buy it

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #119 of 286
yes some of us are retired and I have nearly all the bills in my wife's name, but Nic, Kubig, Dr Jazz and Eric and Suyang from EA all know me and have met me and I know will vouch for me, lol....I'll give you as much info as you ask for :)...Promise, lol...Being a retired Naval Commander, who's word has been my bond for my whole life, I get PISSED at folks who break rules, let alone the law. It does make life so much more difficult for those of us who are law abiding citizens of whatever country. I pray you find the bastards who did this and prosecute. Then post their names etc...on the whole net. That's what they deserve along with whatever legally they get. Just unreal.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #120 of 286
Too bad people outside the US cant get a chance to try before buying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back