TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Jun 10, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #212 of 286
So the WCK was received by @Land-O-The-Free on 5/17 and shipped 6/6? What's up with holding the kit for 3 weeks? Is that not some kind of violation of tour agreements?
There were multiple issues in verification of shipping destinations and confirmations from individuals which delayed the process unfortunately. You asked about this last week, in which it was explained at that time as well, in detail. If you would like to know more, or have something you truly want to address, then maybe you should reach out to @Barra. Otherwise, everything has been explained adequately.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #213 of 286
There were multiple issues in verification of shipping destinations and confirmations from individuals which delayed the process unfortunately. You asked about this last week, in which it was explained at that time as well, in detail. If you would like to know more, or have something you truly want to address, then maybe you should reach out to @Barra. Otherwise, everything has been explained adequately.

I mean, the appropriate course of action upon no response would be to go down the list until a verified participant responds w/ their shipping address, rather than hold the kit two extra weeks. No big deal but that's just my perspective of what a sensible person would do.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #214 of 286
I mean, the appropriate course of action upon no response would be to go down the list until a verified participant responds w/ their shipping address, rather than hold the kit two extra weeks. No big deal but that's just my perspective of what a sensible person would do.
Again, if you have something you would like to address, or have questions about, then YOU SHOULD REACH OUT TO @Barra, who was a part of every step of this. FOR THE 3RD TIME, we did in fact reach out to the next 3 people on the list. You were not the 3rd person at the time, as @San Man was the next in line. There were multiple issues with contacting people involved which delayed the process. Once the confirmation came through and we had the next available participant confirmed, I was unfortunately out of town for nearly a week with work. I did not even have the IEM's with me, as I did not want to travel with 6K of responsibility with recent events on previous tours.
The one thing I feel I may have done better, was to communicate openly to the thread, each step. But I work nearly 70 hours a week and felt if anybody had a question, they would ask, which you yourself did, and in less than an hour and a half I responded letting you know what was happening. Like I said, if you have anything else you feel you need answered or addressed, then please ask the coordinator of this tour who was involved so that you may find whatever it is you are looking for. If you are looking to just express yourself, then I guess you have a right to do that as well. But, it almost feels as if you are having a passive aggressive attitude towards me and that you are publicly trying to make it appear as though I did something inappropriate, in which I would say that you are either uninformed, or what appears to be the case, intentionally disregarding the provided information and or sources for more information.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #215 of 286
Again, if you have something you would like to address, or have questions about, then YOU SHOULD REACH OUT TO @Barra, who was a part of every step of this. FOR THE 3RD TIME, we did in fact reach out to the next 3 people on the list. You were not the 3rd person at the time, as @San Man was the next in line. There were multiple issues with contacting people involved which delayed the process. Once the confirmation came through and we had the next available participant confirmed, I was unfortunately out of town for nearly a week with work. I did not even have the IEM's with me, as I did not want to travel with 6K of responsibility with recent events on previous tours.
The one thing I feel I may have done better, was to communicate openly to the thread, each step. But I work nearly 70 hours a week and felt if anybody had a question, they would ask, which you did yourself, and in less than an hour and a half I responded letting you know what was happening. Like I said, if you have anything else you feel you need answered or addressed, then please ask the coordinator of this tour who was involved so that you may find whatever it is you are looking for. If you are looking to just express yourself, then I guess you have a right to do that as well. But, it almost feels as if you are having a passive aggressive attitude towards me and that you are publicly trying to make it appear as though I did something inappropriate, in which I would say that you are either uninformed, or what appears to be the case, intentionally disregarding the provided information and or sources for more information.

@koven @Land-O-The-Free
Sorry guys, this was my failure. The new security procedures are a pain requiring me to be part of all communications and I am still getting used to it. I introduced @Land-O-The-Free to the wrong person causing no response and the delay. In the past, it was the participant's responsibility to do the introductions, but now I am required to ensure that the kit is shipped to a verified address. Not sure this will scale for all the tours so I am revisiting the procedures. Largest roadblock is not wanting to expose the participant's personal contact info making me the bottleneck.. That means that when I am busy at work, the tours will be delayed.

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #216 of 286
@koven @Land-O-The-Free and anyone involved or interested. Please understand that this and future delays is an unfortunate side effect from the extra security that we were forced to place on the tours. We all wish it wasn't necessary but unfortunately there have no doubt been those with dubious intent allowed in previous tours. Our goal is simple, keep those type of people out and get great products out to those who want to test and review before purchasing.

It will no doubt be cumbersome at times, but at any time you see an issue such as someone is holding a kit longer than necessary or anything that you think is not right. Please inbox both @Barra and me, so that we can help to address the issue or we can offer an explanation if we are already involved. I check my email religiously for PM notifications and emails regarding the tours. There may be delays in the tour, but we definitely don't want there to be any animosity between tour members.

I for one would prefer any grievances be handled off thread and via email, airing grievances in the forum detracts from the purpose of the tours. Now let's move on from this and continue with the tour, rest assured that everyone that has been cleared will get their turn with these great sounding IEM's.

Thanks!

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #217 of 286
@BulldogXTRM
I for one appreciate the extra effort that you and Barra have had to institute, and the extra work that you're doing.
And I agree that with the exception of maybe asking status of the tour kit, gripes and grievances shouldn't be posted here.

Jun 21, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #218 of 286
Jun 23, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #221 of 286
I have the same pair of customs you have and the A12t and find it hard going to the other pair.
And it's not that the others aren't good, they're fantastic even, but there's just something with these that make everything sound so much clearer and more pleasing to listen to. Even my U10's that I just bought a month ago are missing something.
I have to force myself to grab any other IEM in my collection. Once I do force myself, I get used to the signature and remember why I love that set I grab, but as soon as I go back to the U18t, it's like why? I wasn't sure about the big price tag on all these at first, wasnt' sure they were worth it, but now...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #223 of 286
Kits sent to @koven today

Fed Ex tracking information emailed to @koven and @Barra

Thanks again Barra for arranging the tour!

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #224 of 286
Wow, I have to say that this A12t is stellar. Both the A18 and the A12t are in a class above along with the Fourte'/Trio, but I am finding the A12t to be the fun one in the group. Yes, I go back to the 18 and clearly understand why it costs more and I use all the time for scaling to the moon with the best equipment. But when I want to have fun..... it is the 12 all the way. I am not giving up any clarity for all that bass fun. POW!

It also is the only great pairing I have with my Sony WM1a and I love that DAP egonomics/functionality. Til now, it has only been a backup or a source for my Hugo 2. Together they rock! I think this may have something do do with that new LID technology. The 12 sounds great on all DAPs and phones.

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #225 of 286
It's amazing how it's not about price at all. All voicing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back