6.3mm jack extension cable
May 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lifted

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

I am looking into buying another pair of headphones (maybe two) and I plan on using them with my current ones, a pair of Sennhieser HD555s. My main mode of listening is my computer with an Asus Xonar ST soundcard, but I would like to get an extension cable for the 6.3mm jack, since the port is in the back and having an extension cable run towards the front of my computer so I can swap between headphones easily.

Would using an extension cable notably lessen the quality of sound? If not, do you guys have any recommendation for 6.3mm extension cables? I'm a bit skeptical about this since a lot of the 3.5mm extensions I've used were of sub-par quality.

May 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Make your own from Mogami cable, a Neutrik jack, and a Switchcraft plug.
It definitely won't bottleneck sound quality, unless your HD555 is recabled with better wire.

There are guides with pictures around here for cable building if you search.

May 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 6
If you don't like doing that work, buy a Grado extension cable. Standard length is about 480cm and to say i.m.o. a very good budgetcable. Don't expect it betters the sound, unless your headphone is recabled with better cable, it won't effect the signal.

May 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 6
Sorry, I forgot to mention you've to combine this cable with the Grado adaptercable. That has only 15cm length, so you've a real (good) universal extensioncable, made of same materials. And for a very reasonable price!

May 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back