50's SMS audio: street by 50
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AlbanianBoy

New Head-Fier
So hi everybody, this is my first post on Head-Fi (i've created my account 5min ago) and i may do some grammar fault (cause im french). and i do not know if i am in the good section of the forum for that thread.

So i'm kind of interested to buy the Street by 50 headphones (the 250$ one) http://www.smsby50.com/collections/wired/products/street-wired-headphone-over-ear-black

and i do not know if they are worth it and if they have a VERY INSANE EXTRA EXTREME OF CRAZY BASS.

so thank you for your answers.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 7
I certainly wouldn't buy them, especially for $250. It's a good rule of thumb to remember that most celebrity endorsed headphones are not worth the asking price.

If you are looking for a big bass headphone look at the Beyer DT770 pro 80 ohm, or the Ultrasone pro 900.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't buy them, especially for $250. It's a good rule of thumb to remember that most celebrity endorsed headphones are not worth the asking price.

If you are looking for a big bass headphone look at the Beyer DT770 pro 80 ohm, or the Ultrasone pro 900.

What!?!??!?!
that thing(DT770) would need an amp (possibly a large one) to drive, and considering OP's choice of HPs I don't think he has an amp.
BTW those look HUGE, meaning looking like an idiot with them on.
The Ultrasones are better, but same case applies.
I think OP should go for the V-MODA M-100, as they fit in all the requirements

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 7
I know this post is old but I would recommend the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's. Since he wants bass, he can get it with the Custom One's and it's bas slider. PLus they cost $230 and are pretty amazing for that price. I personally haven't tried them but from reviews I've seen, they seem very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back