$500 or so Budget for Upgrade HT Headphones
Jul 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Anhydro

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade my HT headphones.  I have some Sennheiser wireless headphones, but am planning to go with wired headphones. I would appreciate any recommendations.  Thanks!

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 5
I've always had closed in the past, but the closest thing I've had to a quality headphone is a Bose QuietComfort 15... bought primarily for noise cancellation.  I'm leaning towards an open this go round, but am not wedded to it.  l listen to a lot of iTunes, but have listened to some lossless music recently (mostly classic rock), thus sparking my interest in some higher quality headphones.  I also listen to movies on the wireless headphones, some of which has deep bass content, but deep base is not critical.  I don't like anything too bright or in your face, something a little more "flat" or "true" if that makes sense.  I'm a newbie, so I hope that's enough information to go on.  I appreciate your help.

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Denon Dx000's? (x is either 2,5,or 7)

They are "closed" but let a lot of noise in and out. So I'd say is a happy medium. Not so sure about "true", but they are still great headphones with a fair bit of bass. Maybe look into modded T50rp's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back