$500 Maximum for IEMs with sound signature similar to OPPO PM3
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

purpledrank

Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my Shure SE215s and get a new pair of IEMs for commuting. They need to have good sound isolation and work well with mobile devices. My two main sources are my iphone and Fiio X1. Like the title says I am willing to spend up to $500. I own the OPPO PM3s and really enjoy the detailed sound presentation with the slightly forward mids. I also like bass that is detailed but doesn't have a large impact. I don't want the bass to overpower the vocals which sometimes happens with the Shures. Treble should be detailed but not shrill or sibilant. I am sensitive to higher pitched sounds and have no problem with recessed treble. So far I have been recommended the  Oriveti Primacy and the Custom Art One. I wanted to hear more opinions of course. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 4
  I'm looking to upgrade from my Shure SE215s and get a new pair of IEMs for commuting. They need to have good sound isolation and work well with mobile devices. My two main sources are my iphone and Fiio X1. Like the title says I am willing to spend up to $500. I own the OPPO PM3s and really enjoy the detailed sound presentation with the slightly forward mids. I also like bass that is detailed but doesn't have a large impact. I don't want the bass to overpower the vocals which sometimes happens with the Shures. Treble should be detailed but not shrill or sibilant. I am sensitive to higher pitched sounds and have no problem with recessed treble. So far I have been recommended the  Oriveti Primacy and the Custom Art One. I wanted to hear more opinions of course. 

I also like the Campfire Audio Nova quite a lot in your price range. I think it ticks off a number of your boxes. It definitely is not sibilant. Bass is not excessive but is detailed. Mids/vocals are lush and gorgeous. You might read about it and see what you think. It's a dual-BA design. Handmade in the USA. Built like a frigging tank. Really good.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 4
I did some reading on the Nova and decided to buy it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back