<$50, used by wife and kids on digital console piano
Nov 7, 2002 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tbone

New Head-Fier
Hello. First post. I have been trying to read as much as possible here, but it might be faster just to ask.

We have a new digital console piano in the living room. My wife plays and my daughter just started lessons. There are headphone jacks on this thing so you can practice without annoying others. (I am totally tired of hearing my daughters recital piece!)

Can you recommend quality, inexpensive, durable headphones that will adjust easily to both my wife and daughter? These need to be comfortable as well, so my daughter will not mind wearing them. Thanks...

Nov 7, 2002 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 10
My Sony MDR-V6 stay plugged into my Ensoniq keyboard most of the time. They are closed, so they don't leak sound out like open phones will (otherwise you will still be listening to the practice tunes). I think that the current version is called the 7506. They sound great with the electronic piano, also not bad with music. May miss the budget a bit, though.

Some of the koss units may work well, but will leak more sound (ksc-35, ksc-50, etc). Someone remind me what the headband version is called. Your daughter may find these most comfortable.

Good sound quality is important since part of learning an instrument is associating the action of the keyboard with the resulting sound.

gerG

Nov 7, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 10
V6s might be a little heavy and big for your daughter if she's just a kid. How about Kos Porta Pros? Good sound, not heavy, pretty comfortable. But they do leak some sound

Nov 7, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 10
the portapros are definitely not durable though. The Sony V6's could hammer nails all day and still work just fine.

Nov 7, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Porta pros or v6s would be great. I'd really prefer the v6s, I really don't find them that heavy.
confused.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 10
I think the Sennheiser HD 497s at about $50 at amazon.com might also be an option.

But I think first choice should be the V6s -- these are more accurate, I think, so you'll get a truer sound. Whatever you'd wind up paying for them, they're worth more than that.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back