$50 IEM help
May 5, 2015 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

helllooooooo

Head-Fier
Introduction

helllooooooo all, I currently own a pair of Xiaomi Piston 2.1's. I've been using them for about 9 months now and I'm loving them so far. 
Unfortunately, I accidentally left these in the washer and the quantity of bass on these started to decrease noticeably.
Also, I feel like the right earphone is less loud than the right one. I use these unamped with a Samsung Galaxy Blaze. Since i'm pretty poor, I'm not getting a new phone and I don't want to carry around an amp. They also need to last me a while. So, I'm looking for a new pair of daily drivers for the bus. I'll mainly be using these on the bus, so isolation is a must. I was thinking about getting the new Piston 3s but I read on one of the threads that the isolation is poor. I'll be using these with foam tips that I got from my HA-FX40's. I decided that I really like these, so I will either get another pair of these or I want to switch it up and get another pair of IEMs. I read ljokerl's multi-IEM thread and saw that the GR02's bass edition's value rating was 10/10.

Questions about Xiaomi Piston 2.1 and Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition

- Can anyone compare and contrast the sound quality of the GR02BEs and the Piston 2.1s?  
- How is the sound quality of each unamped?
- Sound signatures of each IEM?
- Soundstage of each IEM?

Suggestions

I'm also open to any suggestions.

Requirements:
- $50 or less
- works well with smartphones unamped 
- good build quality to last a while
- good sound quality
- good isolation (The piston 2.1s isolate well enough for me with foam tips)
- genres I like: Electronic

May 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 8
MEElectronics m6 pro

Also the vd3s will work I heard they almost sound similar to the gr07

I had the vsd1s and they are good for electric

May 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 8
I read a few posts about the VSD3/3S having bad build quality? 
Does the little bag that it comes with help to take better care of the phones as opposed to leaving them in your pocket?

I think I could stretch my budget to 100 if there are IEMs that have better build quality.

What are your thoughts on its build quality? Is there any particular IEM that costs less than $70 and has good SQ and build quality?
Would I have to spend $100 or more for a pair of IEMs that last long but still sound good?

Any recommendations? Sorry if I'm asking so many questions

May 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 8
The only issues with the build quality have to do with the ones featuring removable cables. In response to this, they started producing ones with the fixed cables. If you got a pair of those you would be set.

May 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #8 of 8
I read a few posts about the VSD3/3S having bad build quality? 
Does the little bag that it comes with help to take better care of the phones as opposed to leaving them in your pocket?

I think I could stretch my budget to 100 if there are IEMs that have better build quality.

What are your thoughts on its build quality? Is there any particular IEM that costs less than $70 and has good SQ and build quality?
Would I have to spend $100 or more for a pair of IEMs that last long but still sound good?

Any recommendations? Sorry if I'm asking so many questions

Here some the of iems http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

And a list of $70+

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/

They say the vsd3s is better then non s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back