$50-$75 headphones
Jul 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

walyalloush

New Head-Fier

Im looking for over the ear headphones. Ill be taking these on vacation with me so nothing huge. Must be comfortable and sound crisp(highs and lows) and must look classy or at least a nice look. Budget is max $75. 

For some reason I found these really appealing. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159110&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Headphones+and+Accessories-_-Sony-_-26159110

Edit: ill be using them for music only I mainly listen to Trance and hip hop.

[size=7.0pt][/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 23
Maybe the sony XB700s if you don't think they're too big.  They have awesome amounts of bass without ruining the rest of the spectrum.  Great for your preferred genres.  There's not much else I have experience with that fits all your criteria.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 23
Oooohhh, that budget is soooo close to the ATH-ES7!

I would scrape up the extra $10.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 23
Ideally I would buy some cheaper headphones to use on your vaacation, then buy some more expensive cans when you get back. I recommend the Koss Portapro's although there look isn't exactly 'classy'.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 23

Quote:
Ideally I would buy some cheaper headphones to use on your vaacation, then buy some more expensive cans when you get back. I recommend the Koss Portapro's although there look isn't exactly 'classy'.

Exactly...get the most expensive cans after...you dont want to break them before you get home. 
Otherwise...save up a little more and buy the ATH-ES7. 

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 23

Quote:
I would use Iems if i travel to somewhere...i rather full size cans for home. 

You did say you were looking for travel headphones....if you want to be able to use them for both travel and at home, comfortably, you might have to spend a couple extra bucks.

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 23
They're pretty huge, if you want to use them while traveling. They sound like $30 headphones. Big bass, not hugely great sound quality overall, in my short listening. They're "okay."

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 23

Quote:
They're pretty huge, if you want to use them while traveling. They sound like $30 headphones. Big bass, not hugely great sound quality overall, in my short listening. They're "okay."

They have good amount of bass...but sacrificing mids when you turn up the volume. . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back