$50-70 somewhat isolating "portable" all-rounders?
Nov 24, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #16 of 20
d1001 is bad with isolation for outdoor.

Try turn on your speakers playing music with reasonable normal volume, and wear denon 1001 play music on it, your music will be mixed up from both headphones and speakers..

But it sounds great tho, from bass - high.

I abuse my denon with Dynamat after that Markl mod, plus on some surfaces as well, not really sure if it it has something to do with the isolation (since I can't compare side by side), but the bass is much solid now and i'm so happy.

And it's very comfortable for my ears too.

V6 with beyer pads are very comfortable and decent isolation. Kind of lack on mids. I used this for outside for a while, coiled cable is not bad even it's kind of heavy to leave it hanging.

V6 not really sturdy as well as you can hear the hinge's noise if you're walking or kind of shake your head.

Comfort is a serious issue on top of my list.
Comfort on ears, comfort on portability. And the full-sized headphones with short cable I found only denon 1001 (4feet).

If only ES7 got a full sized earcups i definitely go for that sexy headphones.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #17 of 20
With a shorter or coiled cord, the RP-21 may fit your needs. If the orange paint doesn't affect your self confidence that is.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 20
for me, the d1001 are just fine for isolation. I use them when walking around campus sometimes and they offer just the right amount of isolation. They don't leak that badly in my personal experience and they work great for an all-around set of closed, circumaural cans.

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #20 of 20
Thanks for the additional responses. The d1001s isolation sounds fine, I dont need them to block out everything. If they're OK in vehicles, that should be good enough.

Now, I was browsing another thread, and someone said that the Creative Aurvana Live! was the same as the denons. True or false? Visually, they are quite similar...

the post:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/if-...5/#post5028517

Also, nice pic dclancy. I see what you mean. XD

edit: heh, there was a thread about this just 20 days ago. Shoulda searched, though not much seems to have been concluded on. While looking at reviews online, it seems the Creative was less well received than the Denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back