1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

5 days with the RHA ma750

Tags:
  1. dfranco
    Hi guys,
    After significant time spent reading reviews I eventually narrowed down my search to the RHA ma750 and Shure SE215. In the past I have used Shures and more recently, the qJays. I was really impressed with the sound from the tiny qjays but there were also significant problems with those IEMs.

I wanted something roughly comparable but I also didn't want to spend as much as I did on the qjays a few years ago (~$300?).

I opted for the RHAs because the reviews were consistently superior and they seemed like better value for the money.

First off, I am SO impressed by the build quality. I love the metal finish and the heft of the whole thing. The cable feels premium and the sound is pretty good. I am not blown away by the bass, however, but that's not a deal breaker.

This is my issue. I am getting slight pain (or maybe discomfort) after wearing these for about 15minutes. I have tried them every day for 5 days to see if I would adjust, but so far, nothing. In the past I have typically used the standard silicone tipsand they have worked pretty well for me. In trying several out with the RHAs, I found i got the best sound from the silicone tips (a fair bit more bass than the foam tips). Unfortunately, I am getting discomfort near the outer ear canal. I believe it is because to get good isolation I have to push the tips in fairly deep. Deep enough that the metal housing is actually abutting against the cartillage and after a few minutes, it starts to feel uncomfortable.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I give them more time? Should I simply try switching to the Shures?

any feedback would be appreciated.
    thank you!