4N but 5N 7N Silver Cable.?
Apr 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Johnnyhi

100+ Head-Fier
Is there such thing as 5 or 7 or even 9N pure silver cable, if so can the seller selling this prove the purity of the cables eg.. certificate or something for that matter.? so far i'm looking at OCC COPPER to be the best option for my projects e.g speaker rewiring and interconnects,

Now have you guys heard any difference by using Pure Silver cable or OCC Copper, i've been doing some research for a while now and all that i have gain from it is information overload...

thanks.!

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 19

Quote:
Is there such thing as 5 or 7 or even 9N pure silver cable, if so can the seller selling this prove the purity of the cables eg.. certificate or something for that matter.? so far i'm looking at OCC COPPER to be the best option for my projects e.g speaker rewiring and interconnects,

Now have you guys heard any difference by using Pure Silver cable or OCC Copper, i've been doing some research for a while now and all that i have gain from it is information overload...

thanks.!

some believe the difference between silver and copper, others don't. I have both but never did any comparison, and not going to.. because it really doesn't prove anything due to personal bias that may affect the result. Until someone does a large sampled double-blind test... this matter is purely subjective.

never heard of 9N but there is 7N... the manufacture can provide a certificate if you buy enough of it... like 100feet..  but I don't see the necessity because the certificates are on their sites... it's not like making them print one is going to make their product more reliable.. since most people don't have the instrument to test it... you just have to trust them..

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 19
7N silver and copper are available on the market, such as the following:

Silver:
- Toxic Cables Mundorf 1% Gold Silver (on eBay)
- Moon Audio Silver Dragon (I think the purest version was discontinued for DIY though, only 4N now)
- Whiplash Audio TWag (Not available for DIY, although there has been an interest check by the MOT)

Copper (all OCC):
- Double Helix Cables "Nucleotide" (my personal favourite)
- Toxic Cables OCC (haven't tried it yet)
- Jena Labs Ultrawire (95% sure it's 7N)

There are also single-strand wires like Homegrown Audio's (solid core silver) and Clairvoyant Cables' (gold plated solid core OCC copper).

However, the 7N purity cannot be proven and is rather an estimate, as tests can only prove a purity of up to 5N as of today.

If you're looking for a certificate, Clairvoyant Cables offers one when you buy a spool of their wire. Other than their official website, there are often deals on eBay, so keep an eye open for those.

Hope that helps.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 19
I made a TF10 cable and ipod LOD with the Toxic Cables 7n Silver wire.

Only finished it up on Sunday so tried it for about 10 - 12 hours so far, but its very impressive stuff IMO. By far the biggest change I have heard with any cable.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #8 of 19
Anyone tried CLAIRVOYANT CABLES for there headphones recable?Can you tell any difference on specific sound?

I was interested to know about this cable.I was interested to check those 24 awg cable as i want to know as well if  enamel insulated is better for headphone recable?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:
Anyone tried CLAIRVOYANT CABLES for there headphones recable?Can you tell any difference on specific sound?

I was interested to know about this cable.I was interested to check those 24 awg cable as i want to know as well if  enamel insulated is better for headphone recable?

I have a pair of XLR cable in 16AWG instead 18AWG. Love it, little on the warm side, but beat Cardas GF, Zu Varial

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 19
This is all subjective, but I find with OCC Copper cable increases clarity, but with less energy especially in the HF.  It also sounds more natural imho and has a thicker sound.  Silver in my experience has increased clarity and soundstage more than copper, but the sound is thinner.  There is also more energy in the HF.  There are small trade offs in the cables I've tried.  I've tried the Nucleotide wire, Chris Himself OCC Copper and the solid core silver, have SP hybrid OCC Copper wire on the way, Whiplash Twag Eclipse, and Null audio cables. I think I'm going to try one of the hybrid cables next 8 conductor either from Toxic Cables or Whiplash Twag.

Quote:

thanks.!

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 19
Hello.

I have a question about OCC cables.

Is it better with 5N or 4N OCC, because im going to replace my original cable for Sennheiser IE 80 and the 2 cable im looking at have 8 Core 4N OCC - 2nd is 5N OCC, don't know how many core it have if that's even help the sound quality.

Best Regards Jimmy.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #15 of 19
well. what the hell is 6n? 
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4257

Users who are viewing this thread

Back