48 IN 1080I HELP!!!!
Nov 15, 2009 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bigpapajk

New Head-Fier
i am using a mac pro with quad core 3.67 ghz and 6G ram. I currently am using 2 22 inch monitors side by side connected via DVI..I would prefer to have just one bigger monitory and want to use my hitachi 1080i hd 48 inch instead. 2 questions
1. Is it easier on my cpu to have this one big monitor or the two
2. Will i need a special graphics card to use the 48 inch(suggestions greatly appreciated) ......As far as the graphics card goes...
a. i am using this for audio(pro tools). WHAT IS THE BEST CARD/WAY TO DO THIS TO NOT TAX MY CPU AND GET GREAT RESOLUTION?
b. what is the best way to connect to my tv?..HDMI?

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 2
1: It depends. If you have one monitor jacked up all the way to 1080i it might be more than 2 if they are only at say 800x600, but with a mac pro thats all GPU and your CPU does not take any of that load. Doing standard 2D work is cake-walk for any modern card.

2. I doubt it. From what I see you should already have an add-on graphics card so you are fine. Resolution won't tax the CPU it is all GPU based. There is no best way to connect the pc and TV, imho, they are just all different ways that were developed for different platforms, and it depends on what your TV accepts. HDMI is only really great because it is video and audio in one cable, but DVI is just as good. VGA is also fine if you need to go that way as well.

For future reference, you have to try and be as specific as possible in the info you provide for computer questions, just because having model number, what actual guts are in the box, etc really helps get a clear answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back