4.4mm TRRRS female to 3.5mm male adapter?
May 21, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #32 of 53
May 22, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #34 of 53
It's a bit complicated as I decided to take another route, forego the 3.5 to 4.4 entirely and use a 4-pin balanced XLR to 4.4 instead of the 6.5 to 4.4. for the other headphone. Found this cheap one on Amazon, but haven't ordered it yet, as I'm waiting to include it in a larger order.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MNMNP3K/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_rqRXEb50DWB00
I just got that in the mail the other day from amazon here in the US. Well the connector cover on mine looks slightly different but otherwise looks identical. It feels pretty nice for the price. It didn't mess with the sound signature so I was fairly happy about that.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #35 of 53
Some pics of the DJ44B if anyone is curious on the size. It does stick out quite a bit but I believe for wiring reasons it has to be that way.

IMG_4189.jpgIMG_4190.jpgIMG_4191.jpg

May 23, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #36 of 53
May 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #38 of 53
I'm also looking for a 3.5 mm male to 4.4 mm TRRRS female adapter as well as a 4.4 mm male to 6.5 mm female one that don'r cost me an arm and a leg. Both are really hard to find in Europe, so any help is much appreciated. TIA!

Fiio makes one if you want one from a reputable brand: it's the LL-4.4M.

Although I'm really not sure how you can transform the signals Left / Right / Ground into Left - / Left + / Right - / Right + / Ground. Like how is that even possible? I'd say just get a iFi Zen Dac amp, since it seems to be the cheapest 4.4mm output amp.

Edit: What the the adapters probably do is just flip and duplicate the signal to L and R, so I don't think you benefit from a balanced connection in this sense. I'm not sure though, I'm very new to 4.4mm balanced

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #40 of 53
Fiio makes one if you want one from a reputable brand: it's the LL-4.4M.

Although I'm really not sure how you can transform the signals Left / Right / Ground into Left - / Left + / Right - / Right + / Ground. Like how is that even possible? I'd say just get a iFi Zen Dac amp, since it seems to be the cheapest 4.4mm output amp.

Edit: What the the adapters probably do is just flip and duplicate the signal to L and R, so I don't think you benefit from a balanced connection in this sense. I'm not sure though, I'm very new to 4.4mm balanced
They simply solder both left and right ground cables to the single ground post. You do end up losing the benefits of balanced in this happening.

May 24, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #41 of 53
They simply solder both left and right ground cables to the single ground post. You do end up losing the benefits of balanced in this happening.
Just to be clear, if you want the benefits of balanced, the only way is to connect it to a balanced source?

For someone who wants as minimal of a setup as possible, I know there's the iFi Zen DAC, but I was wondering if a dongle would be feasible. What I'm hearing is that at least for the 3.5mm jack, an adapter would kill the effects of a balanced sound.

However, I'm wondering if it's theoretically possible for there to be a USB A or USB C to 4.4mm balanced pentaconn, just like Audioquest does with their usb dacs? There's a usb C to 2.5mm balanced dongle: https://www.amazon.com/iBasso-Audio-Balanced-DC01-Products】【Ships/dp/B07X2J9F1C, but I don't see anything for the 4.4mm. In the above linked product, is that still balanced output?

Much thanks :)

May 24, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #42 of 53
Just to be clear, if you want the benefits of balanced, the only way is to connect it to a balanced source?

For someone who wants as minimal of a setup as possible, I know there's the iFi Zen DAC, but I was wondering if a dongle would be feasible. What I'm hearing is that at least for the 3.5mm jack, an adapter would kill the effects of a balanced sound.

However, I'm wondering if it's theoretically possible for there to be a USB A or USB C to 4.4mm balanced pentaconn, just like Audioquest does with their usb dacs? There's a usb C to 2.5mm balanced dongle: https://www.amazon.com/iBasso-Audio-Balanced-DC01-Products】【Ships/dp/B07X2J9F1C, but I don't see anything for the 4.4mm. In the above linked product, is that still balanced output?

Much thanks :)
That is correct. With the ground wires being grounded together it means it’s single ended only. The other part is that the balanced jack you plug into is using two dac chips instead of just one like with a single ended set up. FiiO has a diagram showing how they wire their dac chips to each jack.

You probably won’t see anything in 4.4mm for a bit. While I think the 4.4mm pentaconn connector is fantastic, it’s not as cheap to get the jack as say a 2.5mm jack. The 4.4mm connector is still fairly fresh and companies are slowly switching to it. Also the 2.5mm has been around way longer so it appeals to those of us who had old cables who don’t wanna buy a adapter to 4.4mm. We now have the ddhifi adapters. Before we had to usually buy interconnects made by the cable companies we used to make sure we had the exact cable material and no sound changes if an adapter had a cable between the connectors. For a lot of people the switch to 4.4 wasn’t worth it back then but much better now.

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #44 of 53
Does anyone have a suggestion for an off the shelf adapter that would arrive by end of week to USA? I can't seem to find anything on Amazon, and Google isn't yielding much either..

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #45 of 53
Great thread, good suggestions so far...

I'm looking for one with a very slim 3.5mm jack plug. It's to fit the latest LGV50S / V60 / G8X dual screen case which by very poor design only lets the thinnest of 3.5mm plugs in.

Opening looks like:

DSCF2487.jpg

The case opening is probably big enough for most plugs but its center doesn't align with the center of the jack. Poor design like I said..

Which leaves only the thinnest of plugs fitting - like say the 3.5mm tip plugs of the beyerdynamic t5p/t1 v2 balanced cable (https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/connection-cable-audiophile-3m-balanced.html)

dsfdgh.jpg

Any help would be appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back