3D60 sound - what do you think?
Aug 23, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 23
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 23
Not sure what is new to this...
Sounds like a binaural recording, which have been around for decades. Nothing bad about that, just did not get the "new" thing.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 23

Quote:
Not sure what is new to this...
Sounds like a binaural recording, which have been around for decades. Nothing bad about that, just did not get the "new" thing.

It seems every time someone does a binaural recording or something very similar they want to pass it off as something new and completely original. Really ticks me off.
angry_face.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #6 of 23

Quote:
3D60™ is a new sound production process created specially to deliver an immersive, widescreen listening experience to headphones.

Widescreen listening, you say? Is that standard 480p or full 1080p audio?

I see what they were going for with that name, but it really doesn't look as good on paper as I'm sure it did in their heads.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #11 of 23
how could offering zero explanation possibly make anything clearer? 

Quote:
Just for everyone's information, the 3D60 process is neither binaural, nor does it use a dummy head. Hope that clarifies things !

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #13 of 23
Apr 10, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #14 of 23
I'm afraid I'm not technical so I couldn't explain the technique to you, even if I were allowed to (there's NDA's etc in place). You were all claiming that this was the same as Binaural though, I can tell you it's not.

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
I'm afraid I'm not technical so I couldn't explain the technique to you, even if I were allowed to (there's NDA's etc in place). You were all claiming that this was the same as Binaural though, I can tell you it's not.

Very convenient!

I'm still calling BS. If it's not a dummy head, then it's a binaural minimalist microphone technique and it's definitely not something new....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back