1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

3D60 sound - what do you think?

Next

Last
  1. SiriuslyCold
    http://www.3d60.co.uk/

Quote:

2. LFF

Quote:

BS AND A LOAD OF CRAP!

This is nothing new!!!!!

This is binaural sound and it sounds like it was recorded with a sphere mic or a bad dummy head. See my blog for some free binaural recordings.

3. krmathis Contributor
    Not sure what is new to this...
    Sounds like a binaural recording, which have been around for decades. Nothing bad about that, just did not get the "new" thing.

4. LFF

Quote:

It seems every time someone does a binaural recording or something very similar they want to pass it off as something new and completely original. Really ticks me off. [​IMG]

5. SiriuslyCold
    what's new is the application of the current buzzword: "3D" sound

like "HD contact lenses" :D

6. Landis Contributor

Quote:

Widescreen listening, you say? Is that standard 480p or full 1080p audio?

I see what they were going for with that name, but it really doesn't look as good on paper as I'm sure it did in their heads.

7. cjpearson
    Binaural.

8. Uncle Erik Contributor
    That's a binaural recording.  Wikipedia says that the technique goes back to 1881.  It's nothing new.

9. Seamless Sounds
    Anyone "contacted" them to point out it's called "binaural recording" and it's old?[​IMG] They'll probably spout BS that it's different from binaural recording.

10. 74promotions
    Just for everyone's information, the 3D60 process is neither binaural, nor does it use a dummy head. Hope that clarifies things !

11. El_Doug Contributor
    how could offering zero explanation possibly make anything clearer? 

Quote:

12. EnOYiN

I'm afraid I'm with this. I don't see how this clarifies anything whatsoever.

13. LFF

Quote:

X 3!

14. 74promotions
    I'm afraid I'm not technical so I couldn't explain the technique to you, even if I were allowed to (there's NDA's etc in place). You were all claiming that this was the same as Binaural though, I can tell you it's not.

15. LFF

Quote:

Very convenient!

I'm still calling BS. If it's not a dummy head, then it's a binaural minimalist microphone technique and it's definitely not something new....

Next

Last