$399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip
Sep 15, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #211 of 223
If only the iPhone SE had 256GB, I'll buy it without any hesitation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #212 of 223
I never really considered it until you pointed out the utility of the extra storage available of the iPhone 7! But, probably for my wallet's sake I should convert the AIFF to Apple Lossless and gain the extra space on my existing phone and iPod.

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #216 of 223
Great news then. I'm adding modi 2 mb to my ican se using the ipod as transport. Hopefully without a powered hub, as long as the u.s 5v will power enough juice to avoid the dreaded power msg

Works great with the Oppo HA-2 and HA-1 using Tidal files 44.1/16 and even in some cases Tidal 48/24 files.
[/quote]

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #217 of 223

I can download Tidal albums to my iPod and can connect to the Oppo HA-1 with the lighting to USB connection and play  the albums either via headphones or from the HA-1 to my Parasound P5 preamp and then to amp and speakers.  I can also record the albums from the P5 because I have a CD recorder hooked up.  You can't record Tidal music files digital to digital but you can record the analog playback, back to digital using the CD recorder.  Digital to analog to digital.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #218 of 223
hi all, i've been enjoying my 6th gen touch - primarily with my grados... just wondering though, what is peoples' experience with exporting an un-amped signal from the touch - either via line out or digital?

there's obviously the audioquest red and black, but what other tricks are people using?

cheers

(btw my touch runs iOS 9, and i hate the music app... i have an older touch running iOS 6, and the music interface is so much easier.  i feel that apple over-thought the music playback app...  but i think the 6th gen sounds better than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen touch devices)

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #221 of 223
I would like to know how much battery life are you getting using the iPod touch 6g as digital transport using apple camera to usb cable (CCK). With my iPhone 4S and 30 pin CCK connected to iDSD micro I can't get more than 8 hrs (ariplane mode, little screen time) which is dissapointing.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #222 of 223
I would like to know how much battery life are you getting using the iPod touch 6g as digital transport using apple camera to usb cable (CCK). With my iPhone 4S and 30 pin CCK connected to iDSD micro I can't get more than 8 hrs (ariplane mode, little screen time) which is dissapointing.
I suspect that the iDSD micro is drawing power from the Touch. You should try a powered USB in between so that it supplies USB power to the iDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back