32 Ohm Audio - The ALO Retail Store!!
Aug 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115
I have been quietly working on opening a retail store here where I live in Portland Oregon. !! Its been a lot of work and $$
confused_face.gif
But I really lucked out and snagged about as good a place as possible. If any of you know Stumptown you will know Hawthorne Blvd, thats where my space is. Hawthorne even has its own business association In preparation for doing all this I have had tremendous support from big and small vendors and as you might expect I will be expanding the gear significantly. I am in negotiation with many vendors at the moment and plan to add the good stuff as we move forward.

Specifically I want to thank the following people and vendors for their support. Not in any particular order and sorry if I missed someone!

Sennheiser, Thank you Eric Palonen for the kick start.
Grado Labs, specifically my awesome rep. Tony Leckband from Market Share who is also helping us with the new Monster Cable IEMs
Ultrasone Inc.
AKG
KingRex and the folks over at Obad Imports (Sasha)
Maximo, Andrew
Trends Audio
Audio Technica
Nuforce
Lee at Cryo-Parts
SoundMAGIC
Jeff over at Comply Hearing components
Louis at Omega Loudspeakers
Hart Huschens (Audio Advancements) I am brining back the Ear Max Pro to the shop.
Jena Labs, Jennifer and Michael
AudioEngineUSA, Brett
Jeff @ Tone Audio
And of course Red Wine Audio (Vinnie)

The store will not be like a traditional audio shop, so we will not be anything like the local AV shops in town or any town as far as I can think of. The model for the retail space is a personal audio store that will focus on headphones, IEMs, headphone amplifiers and quality small home systems and speakers. We will also try and focus on systems where computers are a source, so DAC centric. I want to be there for the average guy or gal who wants more out of his or her say iPhone or people curious about headphones and in turn be introduced to the portable audiophilia. For people who think the best place in town to buy headphones s the Apple Store or Best Buy, however I will of course have all the stuff that even a hard core head-fier would salivate over! We feel that this will be one of the few places were you can try so many world class headphone all in one place, listen to a Red Wine Audio HPA amp! or Ear Max Pro. We hope that in a world where people can click and buy pretty much anything on line the people will respond to a personal touch. A place where the customer can become engaged again in a community based audio store where we are passionate about the music.

We want to eventually have small after hours iTunes classes, hands on session for ripping music etc.. Guest speakers with audio related subject matter. I will have most displays on casters to roll to the side so Portland Head-fi meets will be the Pho-Shizzel!!!!
beerchug.gif

I am flying Vinnie Rossi Red Wine Audio out to help us finish up the custom headphone listening station!! Which is will be 6 imods embedded in a slab of wood, each with its own Amphora guts and own volume control. The listening station should be a real treat.

The name of the store will be (32 Ohm Audio) and not ALO. I am going to have a logo contest with a sweet grand prize and will be posting this thread soon. I will post photos soon also. ALO Audio will not change, I plan to still be making all the cables (small work shop in back of store
L3000.gif
)

I want to deeply thank all of head-fi and all of my past customers because you made all this possible. I also want to thank Jude especially for all the help over the years, and of course I probably would not be at this point if it were not for Vinnie Rossi at Red Wine Audio , "quasi business partner" and full time friend.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 16, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, sounds awesome! Good luck with that. 32 Ohm Audio, is that a reference to Grado?

Thanks, nope just thought it sounded cool.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 17, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats Ken, can anyone participate in your logo contest?

Totally, I am tallying up the prize package - MiniWatt Tube amp, new Grado SR325is and more.. More details to follow.

Thanks

Ken

Aug 17, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have most displays on casters to roll to the side so Portland Head-fi meets will be the Pho-Shizzel!!!!

Awesome. We're gonna have Vietnamese?!

Aug 17, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #10 of 115
This is great !!! Looks like it'll put Magnolia Audio to shame. The highest end headphones they had were the Senn HD555's. but they're mostly home theater. I live out in Seaside but if I can help in any way, let me know. I can usually get into town Wed-Fri.

Aug 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #11 of 115
This is great for Portland. Kudos and best wishes on the new venture Ken.

Best place thus far for headphones has been Echo Audio..I know you guys are going to take this to a whole new level for headphones in Portland.

Do let us know when the grand opening is.

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #14 of 115
Hi Ken,

First, I must congratulate you for all your energy, vision, enthusiasm and desire for making this happen! Just like ALO Audio, I know you are going to be a BIG success with your new store.

When you receive feedback like this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f70/al...ks-ken-440238/

and are always looking out for the customer and putting in the big effort to make them happy, along with carrying some fine gear (like that Red Wine stuff
icon10.gif
), you are going bring a lot of smiles to the faces of newbies, music lovers, audiophiles - and your city's tax collector for bringing in the business
tongue.gif

Most importantly, I know you are going to have a lot of fun with it and I look forward to helping in any way I can, and learning from your experience. (I've always dreamed of having a home audio storefront, and interacting directly with the customer face-to-face, sitting them down for a sweet demo, and making new friends).

Wishing you all the best, and will be right there next to you if you even need my help (well, at least a phone call and a flight away from you).

Be sure to keep us all posted, and see you soon!

Vinnie

Aug 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #15 of 115
Sounds awesome! Best wishes with 32 Ohm Audio...
biggrin.gif

Like many others I am located far away, but if I ever happen to be around I will certainly drop by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back