30-day money-back guarantees to audition interconnects?
Sep 5, 2002 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
I want to try out various ~$150> interconnects to see what works the best with my system. There seems to be some sites/companies with 30-day moneyback guarantees, so maybe I could take advantage of those guarantees and try out some interconnects.

I'm thinking of buying the Outlaws 1st, since they are cheap and highly recommended, and I realize that they can't be returned. They will be my reference. I'll burn them in and use them.

Then, I will start auditioning new interconnects every so often and returning them if I don't like them better than the Outlaws. I only want sites that have a satisfaction guarantee because I will not be dishonest and claim that the cables are defective and send them back. That would definitely be wrong.

Since I may very well keep an interconnect after I audition it, this is a good idea right, I'm not screwing any company out of money am I?

Assuming this is a good idea, do you have recommendations for sites/companies that have a satisfaction or money-back guarantee for me to try out cables?

So far, I'm planning on trying:

Sonic Horizon Hurricane (Sonichorizon.com)
Bettercables Silver Serpent (Bettercables.com)
Grado, DiMarzio, and Kimber (Headroom, seriously is this okay?)

Any thoughts about trying out interconnects and returning them? Do you have any other suggestions for cables/sites?

Sep 5, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Audio Advisor has a good money back guarantee, but their selection isn't great.

The best place online to audition cables might be www.usedcables.com , which is the used cable part of www.fatwyre.com . Great way to audition cables at minimum risk.

Sep 5, 2002 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 6
You get advise on used cables at Usedcables. The same company (The Cable Comapny) also has a cable library option and you can get some cables for home audition with you credit card as safety. I think they take some fee if you don't buy any of the cables.
PS Audio has a money back guarantee, but I think they only have powercords.
Good luck and report your results!

Jan 8, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 6
I've auditioned interconnect cables from The Cable Company (fatwyre.com)-- the consultants I've talked to there really know their stuff, and have always been very helpful. UsedCable.com are (I'm almost positive) the same folks.

It doesn't cost much to audition the cable either-- I think the security amount was 5% of the cost of one of the pairs auditioned-- and that amount could be applied toward the purchase of whatever I ended up choosing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back