3 albums that i can't recommend highly enough
Mar 30, 2004 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
i could have done this in the albums you have bought recently thread but i have to say that i just recently picked up three albums reco'd by the best local indie store in town and i can't say enough about them, they are:

Ambulance Ltd (self titled)
Muse "absolution"
BOHREN & DER CLUB OF GORE "BlackEarth"

i suggest some searches of amazon.com or go to the specific group sites to get more of a feel for their music but in the 2 plus years or so that i've been here i have never been more happy than with these three albums, i think they will be classics in my book anyway, however for the most part they are indie so they will not get much hype. but if you have the means to sample them by all means do it. they are spectacular. i know i can go on and on about radiohead all day and night but these three really deserve a try for all you indie fans out there. i hope someone at least tries one of them and gets something out of it, that would make me feel good.

Mar 30, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 28
Muse has been doing very well in the UK for the past few years and "Absolution" was released there about half a year ago. this type of thing often happens to many indie UK bands trying to break the US market; one of the reasons why are record labels are wary of investing on a small indie band from the UK that might not make a big payoff. other indie UK bands that had albums out in Europe last year are Elbow (who had "A Cast of Thousands" released in the US last month) and Starsailor (who had "Silence is Easy" also released in the US last month).

"Absolution" is Muse's third album but only second to be released in the US. their debut "Showbiz" bombed in the US and the sophmore set "Origin of Symmetry" was never released.

any Radiohead fan should check out Muse...

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 28
How does the ambulence LTD s/t compare to the EP they released last year? i'm curious...

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 28
I listened to some samples on Amazon of Muse and Ambulence Ltd (blackearth was not on there) and I am very interested! It sounds like something I would want to listen to. I'll have to get a copy when I get the money.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 28
I'll second the Absolution rec'.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #7 of 28
Oh my god, three albums and no Bends?
confused.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 28
OMG, the singer of Muse sounds almost like Yorke. The music and tone is great and I do recommend them for any Radiohead fans.

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #10 of 28
yea, i recommend that Muse CD too, but I would have to say that "Origin of Symmetry" is better than "Absolution" Obviously this is just my opinion, and im no professional. I know it's older, so it may not be a "recommendation" as much as a "reminder" maybe, but I personally would recommend OoS over Absolution to a first time Muse listener.

No i'm not british (not that there's anything wrong with that, hahaha) I bought the CD here in America (although I had to pay more because of the "import" sticker on it but it was def. worth it).

Apr 2, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 28
i saw muse open for red hot chili peppers and foo fighters a few years ago, and i was really impressed by their sound and performance. i've been into them ever since, though i still only own their debut: showbiz.

ambulance is awesome and i keep forgetting to pickup their lp. i got their ep last year at a show when they opened up for placebo and i really liked it. damnit, and i was at best buy today too..

i have no idea what that last album is though.
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

but don't forget about the other two, they are just as good, just different.

agreed.

Quote:

i saw muse open for red hot chili peppers and foo fighters a few years ago

I am feeling intense envy right about now. hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back